15th January 2016, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for LLM course after completing M.Com degree?

H, i have completed my M.com degree from a good university. Now i want to study LLM course. I want to know if i can apply for the course or not?

15th January 2016, 09:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for LLM course after completing M.Com degree?

No, you are not eligible to purse LLM course from a recognised university. LLM stands for Master of Law.

To get admission in master course it is necessary to have bachelor degree from any recognised university. So, as you do not have bachelor degree in Law you are not eligible to get admission in LLM course.

So, you cannot apply for admission in the course.
15th January 2016, 09:43 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue LLM after completion of M.Com degree.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue LLM course is that the candidate must have passed LLB/ Bachelor of Law/ 5 year LLB degree from a recognized university.
15th January 2016, 09:46 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for LLM after M.Com .LLM Stands for Masters in Law which is a Post Graduate course , 2 years course duration which can be done after LLB only which is graduation Course .

LLB Course is a UG course but can be done after Graduation in any stream from a recognize university with a aggregate of 50% marks & 3 years course & having six semesters in it .

After completion of LLB you can apply for LLM course.
15th January 2016, 10:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLM stands for Master of Legislative Law. This is the next step in case of higher studies after Bachelor's degree in law. Only those law graduates who have completed bachelor's degree or in final year of law are eligible for LLB.

If you have completed LLB before Master of Commerce then you can apply for LLM course but if you have not done bachelor's degree in law then you are not eligible for LLM course.
15th January 2016, 10:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Law graduates are only eligible for Master's degree in Law. If at undergraduate level, you have completed LLB then you can apply for LLM.

Otherwise candidates with other streams than law at graduation level are not eligible for master in law.

M.Com candidates are not eligible for LLM.
15th January 2016, 10:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
H, i have completed my M.com degree from a good university. Now i want to study LLM course. I want to know if i can apply for the course or not?
No, after completion of M.Com degree, you can't apply for LLM course.

If you have completed LLB course from recognized board with above 55% marks then you are eligible for LLM admission.
15th January 2016, 11:26 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you cannot pursue LLM course after completing M.com degree. The reason is that candidate who have completed a LLB degree with at least 50% aggregate is only eligible for applying for the LLM course. So, you need to do LLB course in order to join in LLM course.

LLB course stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law. This is a undergraduate course and of 3 years duration. To pursue this course the eligibility needed is candidate should have completed a bachelor degree with at least 50% aggregate. Candidates who have completed post graduation course will get more wight age than other candidates.

To apply for the LLB course,candidates need to apply for entrance exams as it is the general procedure and as per that the entrance exams which you can apply are:
  • CLAT - Common Law Admission Test
  • LAWCET - Law Common Entrance Test

There are eligibility criteria's for these exams and if you satisfy them then you can apply for the respected exam.
15th January 2016, 11:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

LLM stands for Master of legislative law and as the name suggests it is a Master's degree course of two years.

For pursuing the course, the minimum educational qualification is a Bachelor of legislative law degree from a recognized university.

So being a M.Com degree holder your eligibility for the LLM course depends whether you have LLB degree or not. If you do not have completed LLB degree course in addition to your M.Com degree then you are not eligible for pursuing the LLM course.
25th September 2019, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Which law course should i do ? i have completed my bcom professional accounting i want to join law course
14th September 2021, 02:56 PM
Minal F

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidates must have LLB degree or BA/LLB/B.Sc and LLB/BCA with minimum 50% to 60%marks from a recogniszed university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?