1st August 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for NET/SLET exam after M.Sc. or B.Ed.?

1st August 2015, 11:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for NET/SLET exam after M.Sc. or B.Ed.?

Only your M.Sc qualification is needed for NET/SLET. Just make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your M,Sc from a recognized University to become eligible for this exam. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

B.Ed is not required for NET/SLET. It is required only for TET which is conducted for government school teacher jobs.
2nd August 2015, 12:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed M.Sc degree so you are eligible for NET/SLET exam. You are also eligible for B.Ed entrance exam.

The educational qualification required for NET/SLET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET/SLET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET/SLET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed ) is one year Teaching professional course which is divided into two semester.

Bachelor's Degree in any subject with atleast 50% marks at graduate level or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.
2nd August 2015, 07:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for M.Sc. Master Degree or equivalent qualification are eligible to apply for NET/SLET entrance exam. B.Ed is not enough qualification to be eligible for the NET entrance exam. So, you must have to complete M.Sc course to be eligible for NET/SLET entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for NET Entrance Exam:

- The applicant should have completed Master Degree course in any specialization from a recognized University and must have secured Minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/PWD candidates) at the Master degree level.

- The applicant age should be in between 19 to 28 years (5 Years relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD & Females categories in upper Age limit) for Junior Research Fellowship. There is no age limit for Lectureship.

Official website - http://www.ugc.ac.in/
2nd August 2015, 08:36 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for NET / SLET Examination.

NET i.e National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission twice in a year for admission to JRF and Ph.D.

-You should have completed master degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-You must have secured at least 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for reserved categories.
-Final year of master degree course may also apply.
-No upper age limits are applicable for lectureship.
3rd August 2015, 02:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the above mentioned examination, provided you fulfill the below mentioned criteria;

Eligibility for NET/SLET examination:

1. The basic eligibility for appearing in NET/SLET examination is that the andidate should have a Masters degree or equivalent in related subjects from a recognized University.

2. Aspirants must have obtained a minimum of 55% in PG.

3. Aspirants appearing or have appeared for final year exams are also eligible.

4. Aspirants should have pursued their course as specified by UGC.

5. Candidates who have qualified the SET exam are also eligible to appear for this examination.
28th July 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.Sc in zoology and B.Ed.i have also done MA in Rural Development from IGNOU.Now I want to clear NET in Education subject.Am I eligible for NET in Education???
15th September 2017, 02:40 AM
kunalroy89

You don't need B.Ed for NET. M.Sc is the main criteria in your case.
Any postgraduate degree holder with above 55%marks is eligible to apply for NET or SLET both.Age limit for JRF is 28years and no limit for Lecturer.
B.Ed is training course for School Teacher and is totally unrelated to NET exam.
7th March 2018, 11:49 AM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UGC NE Examination.
UGC NET (University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test) is an entrance exam through which aspirants are awarded for lectureship and for Junior Research Fellowship.
To appear in this examination, you must have to complete your post-graduation or should be pursuing in last year of your post-graduation.
I hope it helps!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?