2nd October 2017, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a chartered accountant at the age of 36 years?

I am 36 years old. I want to become chartered accountant. I had finished my B.Com in April. Now I want to become CA. So, how is it possible? Please give me the perfect guide line about this matter my email id is [email protected].

3rd October 2017, 01:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a chartered accountant at the age of 36 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 36 years old. I want to become chartered accountant. I had finished my B.Com in April. Now I want to become CA. So, how is it possible? Please give me the perfect guide line about this matter my email id is [email protected].

Yes, you can become a Chartered Accountant at the age of 36 years. There is no age limit for studying a Chartered Accountant course. Candidates in the age group of 40s also appearing for CA examinations. You can join the CA IPCC directly after completion of BCom. There are various coaching classes available in all the major cities of India for CA coaching. You can join any one of them to clear the CA course. The IPCC has two groups and after clearing both the groups of the IPCC, you have to undergo articled training for 3 years. Finally, you can register for the CA Final Course. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the CA course. You can find the details on the ICAI website given Click Here
3rd October 2017, 07:39 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can become a CA after the completion of your B.Com degree course as you are eligible for it.
Candidates after the completion of graduation degree with Commerce can apply for the CA course. There is no upper age limit to become a CA. Candidates can apply directly from the IPCC stage of CA course after their Graduation skipping the CPT part. After qualifying in the IPCC part, candidates then can apply for the final stage of CA course. Once after completing the final stage, candidates can become a successful CA.
3rd October 2017, 09:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit for chartered accountant course, therefore, no need to worry about your age. If you have got B.Com degree with 55% marks, then you can directly apply for CA IPCC, if not, then need to clear CA CPT first.

You have to study only your own by enrolling into CA course and clear the exams to become eligible for next stage of the course. There will be training and article ship that you need to complete.
3rd October 2017, 11:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no maximum age limit for studying CA.

You must be 18 years of age and must be 10+2 for applying for CA.

Eligibility:-

The candidate should have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The candidates who have passed B.Com, M.Com, LLB, ICWA, C.S, MBA at the first attempt are eligible for this exam .

The candidates who are appearing for the final year exam are also eligible.
4th October 2017, 12:35 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can get admission in CA course at the age mentioned above, there is no such issue in it as there is no such age criteria mentioned for it.

You will have to however appear and clear CPT entrance test in order to get admission in the course and continue with your studies further.

You should go for it if you wish to and should not take your age as a barrier.
15th October 2017, 02:03 PM
kunalroy89

There is no age limit for CA course. You being a B.Com graduate,you can directly apply for IPCC if you have 55% marks in graduation. If marks is less in graduation,you have to appear in test i.e CPT Common Proficiency Test.
You need to register for CPT or IPCC, whichever is applicable for your case, through the website of ICAI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?