13th August 2015, 12:30 PM
VIKAS VK

What are the steps to be taken to become a CA?

Sir this is vikas a student of commerce sir i want to become a ca what steps a have to take for this. Sir this is my dream but first of all i want to become graduated . Which graduation course is best of me.

13th August 2015, 07:06 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps to be taken to become a CA?

To become CA(Chartered Accountant) you will have to register yourself with ICAI. (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) is the only authority who offers the chartered accountancy course.

There are three exams which you need to pass to become chartered accountant .There are three different stages- CPT -> IPCC -> Final course.

The minimum qualification required to apply CA Course is 12th standard. After completing your 12th you are eligible to apply CPT Exam.

CPT->
Candidates should have passed 10+2 level in any stream.
Candidates should be at least 17 years.

Executive Course->
Candidates should have clear the Foundation course or Candidates should have graduation degree. Age of the candidates should be at least 18 years.

Final Course->Candidates should have clear the Foundation course and the Executive Course.
13th August 2015, 08:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for the Chartered Accountancy. There are mainly three stages of Chartered Accountancy as below:

1. Common Proficiency Test.

2. Integrated Professional Competence Course.

3. Final course.

The minimum academic qualification required for the CPT is 10+2 passed from a recognized board. You need to clear this test to get into CA course. This test is conducted every year twice by the ICAI in June and December respectively.

However if you want to do graduation first, you can also go for bachelor's degree in commerce. If you score 55% or more in bachelor's degree of commerce, you can directly apply for the IPCC of CA course. Now choice is yours, you have both options.
13th August 2015, 10:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for the Chartered Accountancy.

Step I: Clear the Common Proficiency test.

Step II: After nine months of it, apply for the IPCC exam, which is the second stage of CA.

Step III: Final course.

If you want to do your bachelor's degree first then you can do it with commerce stream. As per rules of ICAI, if a candidate scores 55% or more in bachelor's degree then he can directly apply for IPCC.

For CPT, only 10+2 qualification is required.
14th August 2015, 02:10 AM
JSD.

There are three basic steps for CA:-
First qualify the Ca-cpt exam.
Second qualify tha Ca- IPCC exam
And third appear in Ca- finals.

If you follow above three steps and successfully pass out in all this than you will be able to write the article ship and will become CA.
14th August 2015, 05:01 PM
sai215

Re: What are the steps to be become a CA?

CA stands Chartered Accountancy , To Join the Chartered Accountancy course you must clear CA CPT exam .
This examination is going to be held in the coming June and the notification will publish in the Newspapers in the month of February or March .

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in CA CPT exam :-----------

You must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent , from any recognized Board.
If you passed B.Com, M.Com ,LLB, ICWA, CS or MBA at the first attempt then also means that you are eligible to apply
Final Year candidate are eligible to apply
15th August 2015, 12:35 AM
Career advisor

CA(Chartered Accountant) are regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India.
To become CA's the student must be with commerce background.
Therefore,after 10th student must take commerce in 11th class.
After clearing 12th class,the student has to appear for the CPT(Common Proficiency Test).
So,students who want to become CA's must start their preparation in 11th class so that they have strong command in economics,accounting,quantitative aptitude etc.
17th January 2017, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a MECHANICAL ENGINEERING GRADUATE and having 30 yrs of work experience.

I am intrested to do CA can I get started now and do I need to apply for CPT
8th February 2018, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have maths to study CA in 10th grade as my daughter hasnt taken maths as we have an option in international curriculum
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?