22nd April 2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Pharmacy if completed M.Sc and working in a B.Pharmacy college?

Hello,
I have completed my M.Sc and now I want to do M.Pharmacy.
Please let me know I can fo M.Pharmacy? Right now I am
working in a B.Pharmacy college. Please help me.

24th April 2015, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Pharmacy if completed M.Sc and working in a B.Pharmacy college?

As per the PCI regulations you must have B.Pharma degree to become eligible for M.Pharma admission. Hence, if you are thinking of getting admission in M.Pharma on the basis of M.Sc then it is not possible in India.

In fact, there is entrance exam for B.Pharma pass out which is named as GPAT for M.Pharma admission. If you have got M.Sc then you can go for other course like M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry which is offered by most of the universities in India.
25th April 2015, 07:57 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do M.Pharmacy if completed M.Sc and working in a B.Pharmacy college?

The minimum required qualification to apply for admission in M.Pharmacy course is that :

>> Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharmacy) from a recognized university/ institute.

>> Candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in B.Pharmacy and relaxation in percentage marks is given to SC/ST candidates so they just need only 45% marks to apply for admission.

You have completed M.Sc and still working in B.Pharmacy Course so I would let you know that you are not eligible because working in a B.Pharmacy college does not makes you eligible for admission in the concerned course that is why you need to complete B.Pharmacy first then only you will be admitted to any college for M.Pharmacy.

B.Pharmacy and Master's in Pharmacy courses are very valuable and required in different streams and fields in India and not only science and medical but also in other fields such as Agriculture/ Microbiology/ Biology fields, these degrees are required so that you need to see your future brighter and go for B.Pharmacy then get admission in M.Pharmacy.
25th April 2015, 03:24 PM
PATHGUIDE

M. Pharmacy is a 2year duration full time course with 4semesters which includes theory and Research thesis work in last semester.

You can not get admission in M. Pharmacy after M.sc. You can take get admission in B.Pharmacy and then you can pursue M.Pharmacy.

I suggest you to go for PhD in some pharmacy related subject if you want to enter into pharmacy field.
26th April 2015, 12:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my M.Sc and now I want to do M.Pharmacy.
Please let me know I can fo M.Pharmacy? Right now I am
working in a B.Pharmacy college. Please help me.
No, you are not eligible for M.Pharmacy course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Pharmacy from a recognized university are eligible for M.Pharmacy course.

Your age should above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?