26th June 2016, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after completion of B.Tech in Biotech?

i just complete b.tech in biotech and now selected in m.tech (chemical engg.)in mnit jaipur, should i go for it or not? Can you please suggest me the best thing to do next? Kindly provide me the complete details on this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Guidance regarding the procedure of Lateral Entry in B.Tech Biotech or Chemical after completion of Diploma?
  2. What are the job oppurtunities available in Btech biotechnology sream?
  3. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Future prospects of doing B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from NITs?
  5. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  6. Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after completion of B.Tech in Biotech?
  7. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  8. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  9. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  10. Can I do M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering or Bioinformatics after B.Tech. in biotechnology?
  11. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  12. What can the future prospects be after getting a BTech Biotech degree?
  13. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  14. Job Opportunities after completion of M.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  15. Should I go for M.Tech Chemical Engineering after completing B.Tech in Biotech?
  16. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  17. Should I go for M.Tech Biotechnology or M.Tech Chemical engineering after completing B.Tech in Biotech?
  18. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
27th June 2016, 10:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after completion of B.Tech in Biotech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i just complete b.tech in biotech and now selected in m.tech (chemical engg.)in mnit jaipur, should i go for it or not? Can you please suggest me the best thing to do next? Kindly provide me the complete details on this as soon as possible. Thank you!
No, B.Tech in Biotechnology candidates are not eligible for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from a recognized University are eligible for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

You must have valid GATE score.
27th June 2016, 05:01 PM
ant man

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech in Chemical engineering after completion of B.Tech in Biotech?

Sorry to tell that you are not eligible for doing M.Tech chemical engineering after completing b.tech bio-technology.

Only the following branches of engineering courses after eligible for doing M.Tech chemical engineering.
B.E. / B.Tech.
1. Chemical
2. Electro-Chemical
3. Pharmaceutical Tech.
4. Petroleum Engg. / Tech.
5. Food Technology
6. Food Processing
7. Petrochemicals
8. Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals
9. Chemical and Electrochemical

instead of this you can do M.tech bio-technology. The best colleges offering M.Tech bio-technology are
1. Indian Institute Of technology- Karagpur
2. Indian Institute Of Technology- Roorkee
3. IIT Guwahati
4. National Institute of Technology, Warangal
5. Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
6. PSG college of technology – Coimbatore
7. Manipal Institute of technology
8. Vellore Institute of Technology
9. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
10. Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology(RGCB)
27th June 2016, 08:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt fo M.Tech in Chemical Engineering after completion of your B.Tech in BioTech. You should have completed your B.Tech in Chemical Engineering in order to have been eligible to opt for M.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

Therefor. I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?