2nd April 2015, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study MCA if secured 50% in BCA? Entrance exams to study MCA?

Sir,
I have done my BCA with 50%.
So am I eligible for fill up the admission form in MCA?
Which are the entrance exams availing for MCA admission?
Please reply to me immediately.

10th April 2015, 03:41 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MCA if secured 50% in BCA? Entrance exams to study MCA?

Normally MCA or Master's in Computer Application requires the following criteria only
1) A candidate must have a graduation in Physics or Mathematics or Chemistry or Computer Science honors. Otherwise the person must have BCA as the degree of graduation.
2) The candidate must have Mathematics in his course curriculum of graduation.
The same criteria follow for the entrance examination of MCA. The aggregate percentage does not influence the admission in MCA degree with or without entrance examination. So I think it is better you choose universities like IGNOU where you can enroll for MCA without sitting for entrance examination. Please log onto IGNOU's official website, www.ignou.ac.in to download the MCA admission form from the student zone.

10th April 2015, 09:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MCA if secured 50% in BCA? Entrance exams to study MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have done my BCA with 50%.
So am I eligible for fill up the admission form in MCA?
Which are the entrance exams availing for MCA admission?
Please reply to me immediately.
You have done BCA degree so you are eligible for MCA admission.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

11th April 2015, 11:10 AM
poojasingh151

Yes, of course, you can fill the admission course for Master's degree in computer application after completing your bachelor's degree in computer application with 50% of marks.

Mathematics must be one of the compulsory subjects in either bachelor's degree or 10+2 standard.

Several entrance exams are conducted:

1. All India MCA common entrance test is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for admission to MCA course.

2. National Institute of Technology MCA common entrance test for MCA from NITs

3.BHU MCA entrance test.

16th February 2017, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

sir I have scored aggregate 50% in my bsc graduation and 80% in 12 standard with pcm can I get admission in good NCA college if yes then please suggest some good college

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?