22nd December 2017, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for M.Sc Bioinformatics

Hello, I am studying B.Sc agriculture biotechnology 4th year. Am I eligible for M.Sc in bioinformatics? What extra courses will I have to take? Does degree in bioinformatics offer jobs in government sector?

22nd December 2017, 04:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for M.Sc Bioinformatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying B.Sc agriculture biotechnology 4th year. Am I eligible for M.Sc in bioinformatics? What extra courses will I have to take? Does degree in bioinformatics offer jobs in government sector?

Eligibility to study MSc Bioinformatics is as follows: Candidates must have passed BSc in Basic Science/ Life Science or Graduation in Pharmaceutical Science/ Medicine/ Computer Science/ Biomedical Engineering/ Electronics/ Biotechnology or other related courses with at least 50% marks. Duration of the course is two years. Some colleges conduct an entrance test for the admission to the MSc Bioinformatics course. The MSc Bioinformatics course is available to study in various colleges in India.
22nd December 2017, 06:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt for the above mentioned course of M.Sc in Bioinformatics after the completion of B.Sc in Agriculture Biotechnology, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc course in any of the Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Zoology/Botany/Chemistry/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the M.Sc course in Bioinformatics.

Yes, definitely you can apply for jobs in Government sector after the completion of the M.Sc course in Bioinformatics. You can apply as an
Assistant Professor
Research Associate
Associate Director - Clinical Data Management etc.
22nd December 2017, 08:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for MSc Bioinformatics:-

Bioinformatics is a mixed study of biology and information course.

Eligibility criteria :-

The candidate should have passed 12th exam from a recognised board with Biology as a subject.

Some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.

Here are some universities who offer this course:-

Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh

Pondicherry University, Pondicherry

Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi

University of Calcutta Kolkata, West Bengal

University of Pune

SRM University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Satyam Sri services, Bangalore, Karnataka.
22nd December 2017, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue masters degree in Bioinformatics, Candidate should complete their graduation in any of the following subjects such as BSc / Bsc agriculture / BCS / Bachelor of Technology / MBBS / B Pharmacy / BAMS. Some universities conduct entrance examination to give admission, so you need to stay in contact with the particular University where you want to take admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?