10th March 2018, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(Biochemistry) for B.Sc(Chemistry) 2nd year student?

Hello friends, I am studying B.Sc in Chemistry in 2nd year. I want to study M.Sc in Biochemistry after my graduation. But firstly I want to know my eligibility for M.Sc Biochemistry. And also I would like to know the syllabus of M.Sc Biochemistry course.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(Biochemistry) for B.Sc(Chemistry) 2nd year student? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility criteria, syllabus and suitable books to prepare for ICAR PG entrance exam for B.Tech(Food Technology) 2nd year student?
  3. Eligibility to study MBA for T.Y.B.Com 2nd year student?
  4. What type of study is most important for IAS or IPS? I am a B.Tech 2nd year student
  5. Eligibility criteria to get a position in RAW? I am a B.E 2nd year student
  6. Eligibility to apply for Internship in BHEL for M.E. 2nd year student?
  7. Eligibility to join CID for B.A. 2nd year student?
  8. Eligibility to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma 2nd year for vocational student?
  9. What kind of study is important for IAS or IPS? What is the syllabus for that?
  10. How to do M.Tech Biotechnology after doing MSc Biochemistry from Kurukshetra University
  11. Eligibility to study MCA for B.A.(Mathematics) 2nd year student? How to apply?
  12. How to prepare for GATE exam? Which subjects should I study for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year computer science student
  13. What's the eligibility criteria and procedure for taking admission in MBA course in Germany? I am 2nd year B.Com student
  14. Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to study MSW after my graduation? I am a 2nd year B.A English literature student
  16. Study Abroad for MBBS 2nd year student?
  17. Possibility to study Archaeology in Post Graduation for B.Com(Computer Applications) 2nd year student?
  18. From when should I start preparation of GATE being a B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student? Download syllabus and e-books for preparation?
22nd April 2018, 10:10 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(Biochemistry) for B.Sc(Chemistry) 2nd year student?

In order to pursue M.Sc Biochemistry, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in the field of chemistry/biochemistry/botany/zoology/microbiology etc with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university. Some universities conduct their own entrance examination to select the eligible candidates and some select on the basis of marks secured in the final examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MSc(Biochem) syllabus.pdf(22.2 KB, 0 views)
22nd April 2018, 02:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study and syllabus of M.Sc(Biochemistry) for B.Sc(Chemistry) 2nd year student?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to study M.Sc in Biochemistry once you complete your B.Sc in Chemistry. Since, you are now in 2nd year of your B.Sc course, after completing the same, you can opt for M.Sc in Biochemistry.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc course studying Chemistry as a subject from a recognized University with scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the M.Sc course in Biochemistry.

Syllabus of M.Sc Biochemistry:-

Sem. I
  • Structure and Function of Biomolecules
  • Cell Biology & Physiology
  • Enzymology
  • Bioenergetics & Intermediary Metabolism
  • Lab Course I

Sem. II

• Molecular Biology I
  • Nutritional and Clinical Biochemistry
  • Plant Biochemistry
  • Biophysical & Biochemical Techniques
  • Lab Course II
  • Seminar

Sem. III

• Molecular Biology II
  • Basic Biotechnology
  • Immunology
  • Introductory Microbiology
  • Lab Course III
  • Seminar

Sem. IV

• Biostatistics and Research documentation
  • Bioinformatics
  • Stem Cell and Reproduction
  • Lab Course IV
  • Project Report
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?