16th March 2015, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

How much marks should I score in GATE to get admission in IIT? Tips for self preparation?

Hello,
I didn't went for a coaching for GATE till now.
I don't know which question should start first
and what is the easy way to get good marks
in GATE and get a seat in IIT if I prepare by myself?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT if secured 60% in GATE? Will this score give me good job?
  2. Can I get admission for M.Tech in IIT having scored 34.33 marks in GATE Exam with a score of 348 being a candidate from SC category?
  3. M.Tech from IIT, Delhi after GATE score 528? Procedure for admission?
  4. Can I study abroad with GATE scorecard? Tips for preparation?
  5. Cutoff marks required in GATE to get admission in IISC or IIT? List of institutes for a candidate who has scored 350 marks in GATE? -- [New]
  6. Can I get admission in IIT if scored 46 marks in GATE?
  7. Criteria for telecom field? I have completed B.E with EC
  8. How to prepare for GATE? Tips and tricks to clear GATE? Which are the good study materials for electrical and electronics branch
  9. How to get admission in IIT after scoring 25.67 marks in GATE and 370 score
  10. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What kind of preparation is needed to score in IIT?
  12. How could I get admission in any IIT or NIT after scoring 43.67 marks, 475 GATE score and 5264 rank in GATE? In which universities should I apply?
  13. Admission in IIT through GATE score? What is the GATE cutoff for BARC?
  14. Tips and tricks to be followed for GATE exam?
  15. How to join IIT/NITs or any other top colleges after finishing B.Tech in EC? How much GATE score is required?
  16. How to get admission in IIT? I have flunked twice in my engineering degree
  17. Can I get admission in IIT Roorkee in earthquake engineering after scoring 313 score in GATE? How much is the GATE cutoff score?
  18. How many times can I appear for GATE exam? How much GATE score is required for admission in IIT Delhi or DCE?
28th March 2016, 11:45 PM
userdefined

Default Re: How much marks should I score in GATE to get admission in IIT? Tips for self preparation?

Great to see that you are in interested in joining IIT which is most prestigious college in India. You can get into IIT only through this exam and there is no other option.
If you are good at academics i.e, understanding and clear in the concepts then you don't have to go for some extra coaching else you have to go since it will be difficult to study the concepts and also it will be time consuming.
Easiest way is to try not lose marks in Mathematics which will be the key. Then you have to revise the previous year question papers which will be very useful as it is going to be same model with change in values.
There are many IIT's in India but very few are tops among that. So in order to get into those top IIT's, you have to be well positioned under 700 rank but less than 500 is very safe considering your department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?