27th July 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

How would you rate an M.Tech from IITB,IITM or IISc(M.E in case of IISc)? Is it an enviable Post Grad degree?

What kind of standing an MTech degree from IITB,IITM or IISc(The IISc equivalent is M.E) hold in today's industry and academic circles in India? Is it good and reputed enough, like say an MBA from IIMs or a medical Post Graduate course? How would you rate it--good,average, exceptional...?I am confused even though I know for MTech/ME in the above institutes one has to score an All India Rank of under 200 in GATE exam, which itself is a really tough exam with more than one lakh candidates for each branch.

27th August 2015, 12:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How would you rate an M.Tech from IITB,IITM or IISc(M.E in case of IISc)? Is it an enviable Post Grad degree?

First of all i congratulated you for getting very nice score in one of the toughest exam of Engineering discipline i.e GATE.

IITB , IITM or IISc Bangluru are the top colleges in India. The teaching environment in these colleges are outstanding and have a lot exposure to students too..

From the rating point of view:

--IITB -- Good
--IITM -- Good
--IISc -- Exceptionally great

From my opinion you should try for IISc Bangluru firstly.. Reason for this:
--this is only college from India which score under 500 rank in top institution in world...
--outstanding research environment..
--better exposure
--better learning environment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?