31st October 2015, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good option?

Sir,

I am doing b.tech biotechnology from a private institution in chennai, tamilnadu. Many say that there is no scope or no good career in biotechnology if you don't have a good financial support. If this is true, then doing M.Tech in food technology is a good option for me or not?

31st October 2015, 09:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good option?

No, it is not so, actually people are not really aware about scopes of biotechnology.
But let me tell you that it has wide job opportunities :

You can apply in reputed companies:

Amul
PepsiCo India Holidays
Hindustan Lever Limited
ITC
Dabur India Limited
Cadbury India Limited
Nestle India Limited

You can become:

Research Scientist
Technical Service Manager
Quality Control Executive
Research and Development Manager
2nd November 2015, 12:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good option?

If you are really very inclined towards it, then you should go for it, or else you shouldn't as Food Technology is not such a booming career oriented course in India. However, if you are doing B.Tech in Bio-Technology I would like to say that there is a huge career opportunity in it. It's just that people are not very much aware of it and so they feel that this field of science doesn't have much career opportunities, but that is not the fact.

Therefore, I would ask you not to go for Food Technology and continue studying in the same field where you are and I am sure you will make something good of yourself some day.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?