31st October 2015, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Tech at the age of 30 years?

I am 30 years old and have gap after my B.tech degree. So tell me if i can do M.tech now or not?

31st October 2015, 10:05 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech at the age of 30 years?

Yes, you are eligible to Do M.Tech at age of 30 also according to eligibility criteria for admission to various universities.

You have to appear in GATE or GPAT exam for admission to M.Tech course.
31st October 2015, 11:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

M.tech stands for the Master of Technology and it is a two year course after the B.tech from a recognised university.

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the course after the 30 years age there is no limitations on the age for it. The eligibility to get the admission is :-
* Candidates must have passed the B.tech from the recognised university.

You can also appear for the GATE examination to get the admission to get the admission in the IIT or NIT for the course.
31st October 2015, 11:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 30 years old and have gap after my B.tech degree. So tell me if i can do M.tech now or not?
Yes, it's possible to do M.Tech degree after completion of B.Tech degree but you must have valid GATE score.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
31st October 2015, 11:34 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
M.Tech is a post graduate course and you can do this course in Full Time, Sponsored Full Time and Part Time and the duration of the course depends on it.

Yeah you can do your M.tech course even at the age of 30 years. The reason behind it is that there is no age limit for the course. You can do M.Tech in a leading university and for which you need to apply for the GATE Exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

Many colleges selects candidates for M.Tech on the basis of GATE Score and if the seats remains vacant then these universities conduct their own entrance test. The educational qualification needed for doing M.Tech course is that you should have completed a degree from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate and if you are a SC/ST candidate then there is 5% relaxation.
31st October 2015, 11:35 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue the M.tech at the age of 30years.

As the required eligibility criteria to pursue you the m.tech course is candidates must have passed the B.tech from any recognised university. So if you have the b.tech degree you can pursue the m.tech after some gap year also from any recognised university.
1st November 2015, 08:37 PM
ant man

Yes it is possible for doing M.Tech at the age of 30 years.

The eligibiilty for M.Tech :
1. You must be a B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university.
2. Other wise you must have done post graduation in Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent can also apply.
3. There is no age limit for doing M.Tech
4. There is no minimum marks percentage required for doing M.Tech.

The duration of M.Tech is 2 years for regular candidates and 3 years for part time.
2nd November 2015, 02:49 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to do M.Tech at the age of 30 years.

There is no age limit for admission in M.Tech. degree course.
Candidate can get admission in M.Tech course at any age.
2nd November 2015, 12:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, absolutely you can opt for your M.Tech at the age of 30 years, there is no harm in it. You will however, have to appear for entrance examination to get admission in M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?