22nd December 2017, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

MBA from IGNOU have value of distance or regular?

Dear Sir, I got IGNOU center in Muscat, they told me weekend classes available from 9am to 3pm. If I do MBA from IGNOU, then my certificates will have value of distance MBA graduate or regular MBA graduate. Which one?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MBA in distance mode in IGNOU university after completing LLB? What is the date of the entrance exam?
  2. Is Distance Course at IGNOU approved by AICTE? Will I be eligible for lecturer post in engineering colleges after finishing MBA distance at IGNOU? Can I do Ph.D in Management after MBA distance from IGNOU?
  3. What is the difference between regular MBA course and MBA course in Distance Learning? Top Institutes offering MBA course in Distance Learning?
  4. How to go for regular MBA or distance?
  5. Difference between distance and regular MBA?
  6. MBA can be done from regular mode if BBS is done through distance mode?
  7. Best institutes in India providing distance MBA? Date of sale of forms of IGNOU OPENMAT forms?
  8. Can i study MBA in any university being a distance B.Com candidate? Is it equivalent to regular B.Com?
  9. What are the scope of doing MBA through distance learning? Is it different from the regular course?
  10. Can I get admission in MBA IGNOU distance after scoring 50% marks in graduation?
  11. Regular MBA is better after M.Pharm or distance MBA while working is better?
  12. Should I do MBA in distance or regular?
  13. Is it worth to do distance MBA with ICWA after B.Com regular from recognized university? Is there a need of MBA with ICWAI?
  14. Regular MBA vs. Correspondence (distance) MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Whether candidates pursuing B.Com from distance are eligible for MBA from regular universities or not? -- [New]
  16. Is this possible to do MCA being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Com with PGDCA?
  17. Can I get Education Loan to study MBA if studying BBA in IGNOU?
  18. Can I do B.Ed in Hindi through correspondence? Universities offering B.Ed in Hindi?
22nd December 2017, 10:28 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MBA from IGNOU have value of distance or regular?

IGNOU is a distance education institute which is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission) and also approved by DEC (Distance Education Council). So, the degrees and courses completed from IGNOU are valuable as of regular mode and valid for all types of government and private jobs. However, you will get a certificate of distance education, but it will have a value of regular mode.
22nd December 2017, 08:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, IGNOU is an Open University, so degree awarded by the above mentioned University will definitely be a correspondence degree, not a regular degree.
If you want to pursue MBA from the above mentioned University, just apply for it and start your MBA course from there.
22nd December 2017, 09:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Generally it is suggested to the candidate to do regular course until he or she is not doing any kind of job. If you are doing any part time job or any job then you can go for correspondence course otherwise you should opt for regular course.
Either you complete your course through distance mode or regular mode both have value. But regular courses are given more preference everywhere.
23rd December 2017, 10:50 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBA refers to Master of Business Administration and same is a master degree course with a very good career scope.

Now as far as you are concerned about your MBA degree from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) getting a value of regular course then I would like to let you know that any degree from IGNOU which is an open university is not equivalent to regular degree. But one thing I would like to let you know that degree from IGNOU is recognized for higher studies and jobs as IGNOU is a approved by UGC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?