30th January 2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

MFT course from NIFT after Engineering is good decision?

Hi,
I have finished my B.E in ECE . Right now I am working at a reputed firm as a software engineer. But I have lately realized that my passion is in the field of fashion designing. I hadn't known that i cud pursue my post graduation i.e MFT till recently. What i want to know is if I will be given less preference due to my engineering background i.e. during the admissions or later on for placements?
The admission process @ NIFT kickstart in January. I have to make a firm decision n also prepare if required by then. Thus I want to talk to an experienced person in the field privately. It would be good if I could get a mail id to get in touch with.

2nd July 2017, 10:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MFT course from NIFT after Engineering is good decision?

NIFT is considered the best to pursue fashion desgining courses in India. Hence, it will be definitely a good option for you to go for it, if you are willing to make a career in this field.

But your software engineering experience will not have any value, if you join this field. You have to start as a fresher and there might be less salary in the beginning in comparison to software field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?