15th March 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study M.Phil for becoming a Lecturer in a Government college?

Hello Sir/Mam
After completed M.Sc in Computer Science
can I do M.Phil Computer Science?
I want to become a lecturer in a government college.
So, I have to do M.Phil?
With Regards-
Richa

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Where a PhD holder can get admission in M.Phil?
  3. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  4. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  5. Information about part time PhD in Mathematics for person working as Guest Lecturer for Maths?
  6. Am I eligible for Government junior college lecture jobs after completing B.Sc and MBA?
  7. Is it necessary to study M.Phil for becoming a Lecturer in a Government college? -- [New]
  8. Whether ME degree is necessary for Lecturer job in government engineering college?
  9. How to work in government college(Lecturer) after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA
  10. Can I become a lecturer in a college after scoring 60% in Masters in Philosophy? How useful is the M.Phil degree? Is it ok to directly do Ph.D?
  11. Am I eligible for the post of guest lecturer at any Government or Non Government College after passing MSc in Food Nutrition?
  12. Can I be a Lecturer or Professor in a government college?
  13. Can I be a lecturer in a government college if I score around 60% marks in NET exam? Procedure to join Government College?
  14. After scoring 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th can I get a lecturer in government college? How do I get a government job?
  15. How to become a lecturer in government college after securing 78% aggregate in B.Tech and 81% in 12th? How to get a government job?
  16. Am I eligible for B.Lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  17. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  18. Which university is best for part time and full time M.Phil course in Computer Science?
20th March 2015, 11:43 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Is it necessary to study M.Phil for becoming a Lecturer in a Government college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam
After completed M.Sc in Computer Science
can I do M.Phil Computer Science?
I want to become a lecturer in a government college.
So, I have to do M.Phil?
With Regards-
Richa
Nothing like that, M.Phil is not necessary to become a Lecturer. However, If you have studied M.Phil then It is added advantage at the time of Interview. Master Degree with NET/SLET score is enough qualification to get lecturer job in Government and Private colleges. Since, that you have completed M.Sc Computer science, so, I suggest you to apply for NET/SLET entrance exam. Once, you qualified in NET/SLET entrance exam, then you can get Lecturer Job for sure.
21st March 2015, 04:50 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to study M.Phil for becoming a Lecturer in a Government college?

Your first question is that - Can I complete M.Phil so answer is that you are eligible to apply for admission in M.Phil course that is doctorate related course such as PhD and if you want to become a lecturer in government college then you must have following eligibility then only you can become a lecturer in government college :

>> You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.

>> You should possess a master's degree in relevant subject or stream of which, you wanna become lecturer in government college.

>> You must have qualified any one of these entrance examinations conducted every year twice - NET - National Eligibility Test or SLET - State Lecturer Eligibility Test in which UGC conducts NET and state government conducts SLET.

>> If you do not have certificate of qualification of NET then you must possess PhD degree in the concerned subject with completion of all thesis etc. then only you can apply for lecturer post in government college.

M.Phil does not makes a candidate eligible to be a lecturer in government college therefore you should choose PhD rather than M.Phil.

Through this qualification, when you qualify NET test then you can apply for Assistant Professor post in government college which will be good enough for your career and when you gain experience in teaching then you can easily apply for Professor post and posts of Assistant Professor or Professor or Associate Professor are very good to live with comfort job in life.
21st March 2017, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I am an m.com graduate, I cleared just now my set examination can I eligible to work as a guest lecturer? And, how long it would take to become permanent? Is it compulsory for me to complete my m.phil? Please someone answer my question
28th August 2017, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Post my B.Sc (2 years pass course) with 44.77% marks from Vidyasagar University and CIC (Certificate in Computing) with 70% marks from IGNOU I have completed my MCA with 57% marks from IGNOU. If I clear the UGC NET, will be eligible for a Lecturer in a Government college ?
16th March 2018, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BS in english literature and linguistics, so without can i become a lecture in government college or university?
26th May 2020, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

what job we can get after m.phil in mathematics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?