7th December 2015, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Percentage and age requirement in post graduation for B.Ed exam?

Sir/ma’m,
I had completed my post graduation with 59% marks long back. As a female, is there any relaxation in age as I had completed my 30 years & gap of 4 years due to I get married.

8th December 2015, 07:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage and age requirement in post graduation for B.Ed exam?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. It is a teacher training course, now mandatory for candidates who want to become teacher in government schools.

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education is that candidate must have scored at least 50% in bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Percentage in post graduation is not taken into account for eligibility of B.Ed.

The upper age limit for regular B.Ed is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for correspondence B.Ed. If you have 50% or more in bachelor's degree then you can apply for B.Ed entrance exam.

As you have 59% in master's degree, you can also apply for NET exam for Lectureship as there is no age limit for it.
8th December 2015, 07:21 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. It is two year course after graduation course.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination conducted to get admission in B.Ed course in different university is candidate must have passed graduation from recognised university with at least 50% aggregate in graduation and age less than 28 years for regular mode.

But no age limit to pursue course in correspondence from a recognised university. So, you are eligible to pursue B.Ed as correspondence course even after having gap.
8th December 2015, 07:53 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Ed course as there is no upper age limit to pursue course.

B.Ed stand for Bachelor of Education and is a two year course. The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed graduation from a recognised university with at least 50% aggregate and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission. The application form for admission is available from month of May and June in various university.
8th December 2015, 10:38 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for B.Ed :

Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation or post graduation degree from any recognised university.
There is no age limit.

So, you are allowed to pursue B.Ed after securing 59% in post graduation.
8th December 2015, 06:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/ma’m,
I had completed my post graduation with 59% marks long back. As a female, is there any relaxation in age as I had completed my 30 years & gap of 4 years due to I get married.
You have completed post graduation degree with 59% marks so you are eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

Your age should be below 40 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?