22nd July 2017, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue B.Ed after completing BA degree with 45%?

I am Shailendra Pandey from Chandauli district Mughalsarai Varanasi Uttar Pradesh.
I have passed BA with 45%. Is it possible to B.Ed. If possible, then please tell me which university providing this facility.

23rd July 2017, 11:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue B.Ed after completing BA degree with 45%?

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those who are interested in making their career as a school teacher as the course is basically concerned with basics of teaching.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Ed degree course is a bachelor degree course in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

So it is evident from above fact that having completed your bachelor degree course ( i.e; BA degree course ) with 45% marks you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course.
23rd July 2017, 12:50 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who are interested to pursue bachelor of education, should have completed their graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college. There is no age limit to pursue B.Ed. The admission for B.Ed will depend upon the marks secured in the examination which will be conducted by the institute itself. Your marks in graduation is just 45% as a result you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed.
23rd July 2017, 01:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to pursue B.Ed course after completion of your B.A degree course with 45% aggregate marks from a recognised university. To be eligible to pursue B.Ed course, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce/ Arts/ Science stream with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised university. In case of SC/ ST candidates, who have secured minimum aggregate of 45% aggregate marks in Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university are eligible to pursue B.Ed course.
23rd July 2017, 04:36 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course as because you have scored less than 50% marks in graduation.
Candidates who have completed their graduation or post graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for B.Ed course.
However there is 5% marks relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.So in case if you belong to reserved category then with 45% marks in BA, you are eligible to apply for the aforesaid course.
23rd July 2017, 04:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Shailendra Pandey from Chandauli district Mughalsarai Varanasi Uttar Pradesh.
I have passed BA with 45%. Is it possible to B.Ed. If possible, then please tell me which university providing this facility.

Sorry, it is not possible to pursue B.Ed after completion of a BA degree with 45% marks. Eligibility to study B.Ed is a Bachelor’s Degree like BA or BCom or BSc with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university. Admission to the course is done through an entrance examination. The B.Ed course is useful for those who wish to pursue their career in the teaching profession. B.Ed course is available in various colleges/universities in India. Therefore, it is not possible to study B.Ed course after completion of BA with 45% marks.
23rd July 2017, 10:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you belong to reserved category, then only you can get admission in B.Ed with the help of 45% marks in BA. For general and OBC category, 50% marks is compulsory.

Admission is through entrance exam conducted by the concerned university. Hence, make sure you have the required marks.
24th July 2017, 12:55 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue B.Ed course after the completion of your BA course with only 45% of marks in it as you are not eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the B.Ed course.
24th July 2017, 01:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.A course with 45% marks from a recognized University so you are eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
4th September 2017, 12:43 PM
kunalroy89

One needs to have 50% or more marks to be eligible for B.Ed admission in almost all Universities. Some Universities like BHU even asks for minimum 55% marks. There are certain private colleges and universities,mostly distance education providers, which allows backdoor entry for candidates with below 50% marks. But they are risky and most of them are unrecognised by UGC, thereby making the B.Ed degree invalid for most jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?