20th June 2017, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to take admission in PU for MSc math

What is the proper procedure to take admission in PU for MSc math? I am a BA final year student and I scored 79% marks in all semesters of BA. Please give me advice related to entrance exam.

Related Questions:
22nd June 2017, 01:26 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to take admission in PU for MSc math

I am very sorry to say that you cannot apply for M.Sc course after the completion of BA from a recognised University. Since you are going to complete your BA degree course, you are eligible to opt for MA degree course in future as the Masters degree course. You can also apply for MBA course after the completion of BA. But you cannot apply for M.Sc course.
22nd June 2017, 12:19 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc mathematics as because you are a student of Arts stream.
Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree from Science stream with Mathematics as their main subject from a recognized university are only eligible to pursue M.Sc mathematics.
Eligible candidates can get admission to Punjab University for M.Sc Mathematics course after qualifying PU-CET entrance examination.
Candidates will be admitted to PU for M.Sc Hons, strictly on the basis of PU-CET merit rank.
22nd June 2017, 01:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the proper procedure to take admission in PU for MSc math? I am a BA final year student and I scored 79% marks in all semesters of BA. Please give me advice related to entrance exam.

Candidates, who are qualified BA/BSc (Pass or Honors) examination with 50% marks of the Panjab University or from any other examination recognized by Panjab University as equivalent, are eligible to apply for MSc Mathematics (Honors) at Panjab University. Admission to the MSc Mathematics (Honors) course is done through an entrance examination (PU CET) conducted by the Panjab University. Candidates can register online for the PU CET. Marks scored in the PU CET (60%) and Graduation (40%), are considered for the admission to MSc Mathematics (Honors) at Panjab University. Panjab University website link is given Click Here
23rd June 2017, 06:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to take Admission in Punjab University for M.Sc Mathematics course:

M.Sc in Mathematics course is a 2 year Post Graduate course and

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course is "Bachelor's Degree" or Graduation from a recognized university.

Total number of seats available are 44.

You are required to appear in the entrance examination conducted by Punjab University to get admission into this M.Sc in Mathematics course.

You need to score good marks or merit marks to get seat in the college as number of seats are just 44 under this course.

Click here for More Details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?