20th June 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission in MSc math after dropping out for MSc physics?

Sir, I dropped MSc physics in first semester. Now I want to take admission in MSc math in next year not same year. So. what is process? Can I do it or not?

21st June 2017, 06:28 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Can I take admission in MSc math after dropping out for MSc physics?

The same process by which you got admission in M.Sc Physics, however you should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in the course and only after that you can get admission.

However, if you wish to get admission in some other institute, you should keep in mind that admission criteria and process differs from one institute to another.

21st June 2017, 06:35 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Default Re: Can I take admission in MSc math after dropping out for MSc physics?

The same process by which you got admission in M.Sc Physics, however you should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission in the course and only after that you can get admission.

However, if you wish to get admission in some other institute, you should keep in mind that admission criteria and process differs from one institute to another.

22nd June 2017, 02:32 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for M.Sc in mathematics in the very next year if you want to pursue the same. To do so, you must have studied Mathematics in your B.Sc course and must have scored above 50% of marks in the subject of Mathematics in B.Sc. Just apply in different Colleges which provides M.Sc in Mathematics and get admitted in a good reputed College to study further.

22nd June 2017, 02:36 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You can take admission in M.Sc Mathematics only if you satisfy any one of the following eligibility criteria:
B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics (3 Years Course after 10+2) with 50% or above marks in aggregate both in main and subsidiary (integrated) and 50% or above marks in Mathematics from a recognized university.
OR
B.Sc. (Genl.) (3 Years course after 10+2) with 60% or above marks in the aggregate and 60% or above marks in Mathematics from a recognized university.

NOTE:
1. A candidate passing B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics as main subject must have passed Physics and Chemistry/Statistics/Geology/Electronics/Computer Science as subsidiary/ancillary subjects.
2. A candidate who wish to be admitted to M.Sc. course in Mathematics must have passed B.Sc. (Genl.)/(Pass) Examination with either of the following combination:
(a) Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
(b) Mathematics, Physics and Statistics.
(c) Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and Geology.
(d) Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and Electronics.
(e) Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and Computer Science.

You can apply admission form to take admission in your desired college.Usually the admission process starts in the month of March/April where the colleges announce the notification and application forms both online and offline.
Some universities offers direct admission in M.Sc courses through merit marks basis and some offers admission through entrance test, qualifying in which candidates will be admitted for the course.

23rd June 2017, 12:11 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take admission in M.Sc Mathematics after dropping out from M.Sc in Physics.

In general, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing M.Sc in Mathematics is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation with Mathematics as one of the subjects in order to be eligible.

As you might have completed Graduation, you can pursue even after dropping out from M.Sc in Physics.

There are many colleges that offer this M.Sc in Mathematics course.

So you are required to appear in those concerned institution's entrance examination in order to be eligible.

In general, admission is done based on the merit that is secured in entrance examination.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?