28th September 2015, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Scope and job opportunities for M.Sc(Microbiology) aspirant?

Hi,
This is Priyanka. I have taken up Microbiology for the 3rd year in B.Sc. I wish to do M.Sc. Microbiology in future. So, I wish to know whether there is scope for Microbiology and whether there are job options after M.Sc. Microbiology?

31st October 2015, 01:31 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and job opportunities for M.Sc(Microbiology) aspirant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
This is Priyanka. I have taken up Microbiology for the 3rd year in B.Sc. I wish to do M.Sc. Microbiology in future. So, I wish to know whether there is scope for Microbiology and whether there are job options after M.Sc. Microbiology?

There is good scope available for M.Sc in Microbiology course in both the Government and Private sector as well. You can seek jobs in government sectors through examinations conducted by Union Public Service Commission or Staff Selection Commission and also in reputed Private companies as well. You can even seek employment in the field such as,

- Quality Control,
- Food Technologies,
- Quality Analysts,
- Product Analysts,
- Medical Coders,
- Microbiologists Trainee,
- Associate Research Analyst,
- Lecturer,
- Chief Hygienist,
- Demonstrator etc.

Apart from the above fields You can also work in Hospitals in Pathology, Pharmaceutical industry in the R&D sector. You can work in Agricultural research.
31st October 2015, 11:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and job opportunities for M.Sc(Microbiology) aspirant?

The career opportunities available for aspirants in the field of microbiology are increasing day by day. It is one of the most demanded fields in the economy with a lot of applications in various areas.

There are plenty of jobs in areas such as research organizations, research labs of hospitals of private and public sectors, pharmaceutical firms and chemical industries etc. Pharmaceutical industry is the biggest employer. You can work as Quality Analyst, Microbiologist, Researcher, Analyst trainee, Executive Trainee, Hygienist, etc.

The major recruiters are:-
-Bharat Biotech
-Biological E. Limited
-Bartronics
-Bioserve
-GVK Biosciences Private Limited
-Ocium Biosolutions Limited
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?