20th June 2017, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop and pursue competitive exams preparation?

I am a B.Sc life science student and want to ask that, should I drop and doing competitive exams preparations for government job Or else I should go for M.Sc? If M.Sc, then which field with better job opportunities?

21st June 2017, 03:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop and pursue competitive exams preparation?

In order to choose the right decision, you are required to analyse your skills and achievements first.

In general, the minimum educational qualification required to appear in competitive examination's is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

As you have completed B.Sc in Life Science which is a Bachelor Degree, I am sure you are eligible to apply for several competitive examination's.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I suggest you to pursue M.Sc degree and besides that you can start preparation for competitive examination's.

On the other side, if your main aim is to get government job as early as possible, then I would suggest you to go with spend 1 year for preparation and start applying for competitive examination's.
21st June 2017, 05:14 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

It depends upon your own interest as to which field you want to opt for. If you wish to go for higher studies and get job in top MNCs in various private companies, you can go for it, it will not be a wrong decision.

However, if you are inclined towards government examinations only and you do not have any other aim in life, I would suggest you quite your studies and start preparing, but it will not be a fruitful decision to make.

The best thing you can do is to carry on with your studies further and at the same time start preparing for your examination side by side.
22nd June 2017, 12:38 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

For most of the government sector jobs graduation is enough to fetch it.
So if you don't want to go for higher education then you can prepare for competitive exams and can focus completely on particular government job.
But if you want to continue your higher education (M.Sc) then you may not be able to focus much on your competitive exams preparation.
However if you are mentally and physically fit and determined to your goal then you can do M.Sc and prepare for competitive exam simultaneously.
22nd June 2017, 02:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.Sc life science student and want to ask that, should I drop and doing competitive exams preparations for government job Or else I should go for M.Sc? If M.Sc, then which field with better job opportunities?

It is not necessary to drop and pursue preparations for competitive examinations. You can continue the course you are studying now and pursue competitive examination preparations in the evening or morning time. It is not necessary to spend the whole day for competitive examination preparation. You should not discontinue your studies; it is possible to continue your education and preparations for competitive examinations simultaneously. Therefore, you should not drop your studies to prepare for competitive examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?