20th June 2017, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CA IPCC directly, after BSc math with 67% marks?

I am a graduate of BSc math with 67%. Now I'm working in IT field last one year. I want to become a CA. Already, you have mentioned, if degree percentage above 60% means no need to do CPT, right? Can I directly attend IPCC exam? If I pass in that exam, 3 years training, Right? That is the problem for me. I can't leave my job, because of family situation. Can you give any advice to me?

20th June 2017, 10:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CA IPCC directly, after BSc math with 67% marks?

Yes, you can directly register for CA IPCC examination after completion of your B.Sc. Mathematics course with 67% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Commerce stream with 55% aggregate or in Non-Commerce stream with 60% aggregate marks from a recognised university are eligible to directly register for CA IPCC examination. Since, you have secured 67% aggregate marks in your B.Sc. Mathematics course, you are eligible to directly register for CA IPCC course.
21st June 2017, 11:08 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

I am sorry to say you cannot opt directly for CA IPCC after completion of your B.Sc course having scored 67% in aggregate.

If however you would have completed your graduation in B.Com and have been able to score more than 50%, you could have been easily eligible for CA IPCC directly, but as you have not done B.Com but B.Sc, therefore you will have to start from the very beginning of the course.
22nd June 2017, 02:01 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for CA course at this instant as you belong from Science stream. Only Commerce stream candidates are eligible to apply for CA course.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in Commerce field from a recognised University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible for CA course directly from IPCC part.
22nd June 2017, 05:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate of BSc math with 67%. Now I'm working in IT field last one year. I want to become a CA. Already, you have mentioned, if degree percentage above 60% means no need to do CPT, right? Can I directly attend IPCC exam? If I pass in that exam, 3 years training, Right? That is the problem for me. I can't leave my job, because of family situation. Can you give any advice to me?

Yes, you can apply for CA IPCC directly after completion of BSc Mathematics with 67% marks. Commerce graduates/post graduates with 55% marks and other graduates/post graduates with 60% marks can apply for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course. You can enroll with the Institute for Intermediate (IPCC) course. There are two groups in the IPCC (Group 1 has four subjects and Group II has three subjects). After completion of the IPCC, you can register for Practical Training for three years. After completion of it you can join Final Course. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is conducting the examinations. The ICAI website link is given Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?