9th September 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is good for doing masters? Botany or Zoology?

Which subject is having more weightage for doing masters nowadays...
My subjects are M.sc botany and M.sc zoolgy.
I have interest in both subjects but want to select d one having more value.
Please tell? Please provide me your valuable suggestion in which I can take up the next step.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course have better future when cmoared to M.Sc Zoology and M.Sc Botany?
  2. Which subject is preferred in B.Sc Part 3, either zoology with geology or botany with geology? I've completed my B.Sc part 2 with subjects zoology,botany and geology
  3. Which Masters course can I apply for after completion of B.Sc with 48% in Botany and Zoology?
  4. Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Zoology after completing B.Sc in Botany?
  5. Which subject to choose for MSc? I have passed my BSc exam
  6. In which subject should I do MSc after completing BSc with Chemistry/Zoology/Botany subjects?
  7. Can I get a job with good salary through B.Sc(Chemistry, Botany & Zoology) and M.Sc(Zoology)?
  8. Last 5 years papers for B.Sc third semester for botany and zoology subject?
  9. What are the career options after B.Sc? Which subject has more demand among Botany, Zoology and Chemistry? Scope of marine science? How to get scholarship to study abroad?
  10. Eligibility for M.Sc Botany without having botany subject in graduate level?
  11. What to do after completing BSc in subjects of Zoology, Botany, Chemistry and Environmental Science -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which subject should I take for Masters Degree being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Zoology?
  13. Can I study botany for higher education after graduation in botany? -- [New]
  14. How to make career in Botany and Zoology being a B.Sc student?
  15. How can I study Botany as an additional subject being a B.Sc graduate?
  16. Which subject a B.Sc Botany, Zoology and Chemistry can choose among Zoology, Microbiology and Biostastics to do PG Diploma course?
  17. B.Sc general student can get admission in M.Sc Zoology honours?
  18. Details of Anthropology for studying in B.Sc Honours?
9th September 2016, 11:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is good for doing masters? Botany or Zoology?

As far as the better scope and job opportunities are concerned, each stream has its own importance. In general, both these courses can't be compared with each other as Botany deals with the plants while Zoology deals with the study of animals. So I can say that both of them have their own importance. So I suggest you to go with the stream in which you are really comfortable with.
10th September 2016, 02:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subject is having more weightage for doing masters nowadays...
My subjects are M.sc botany and M.sc zoolgy.
I have interest in both subjects but want to select d one having more value.
Please tell? Please provide me your valuable suggestion in which I can take up the next step.

Both Botany and Zoology are good subjects to study in Master’s and cannot be compared with each other. Botany is the study of plant life while Zoology is the study of animal life. The selection of course will depend upon your interest. The scope for the both the courses are good. The Botany has slightly upper hand regarding job opportunities compared to Zoology. So you can choose Botany in your Master’s Degree.
10th September 2016, 10:01 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is correct that you should choose the subject or stream in which you are interested.

As you are in interested in both the subjects M.sc Botany and M.Sc Zoology so, you have to choose any one in between them to continue your studies.

Both the subjects are valuable in their own standards but, if you are looking for a successful career with better job opportunities, then you can go for M.Sc in Zoology.

If you study Zoology, you can pursue your career in Zoology, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Marine Science, Biochemistry etc.
You can work in organisations like Zoological Survey of India, Botanical Survey of India, Institute of Microbial Technology, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, National Centre for Biological Science etc.

If you study Botany, your career will be limited to Botany, Agricultural Science, Biotechnology, Horticulture, Forestry etc.

Both of them are good courses so, you should choose one in which you are having high interest level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?