11th December 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam to do M.E. in Petroleum Engineering except GATE?

Hi,
I am presently completing my 3 years in B.E. Petroleum Engineering and I am look to prepare for GATE but my uncle is saying that their is no direct entrance for Petroleum students and also my faculty is saying that their is entrance for Petroleum students is it right or not for doing M.E.? Please advice me.

Related Questions:
  1. In which subject I should apply for GATE if pursuing Chemical Engineering but want to study M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering?
  2. Which is the entrance exam for getting into M.Tech Petroleum Course? Is it possible to take admission without GATE score?
  3. Names of the colleges that provide petroleum engineering? Can I take admission through both GATE and Non GATE exam?
  4. Which subject should I take in secondary school to study Petrochemical Engineer?
  5. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  6. Any institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score?
  7. Entrance Exams for B.Tech Petroleum Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What entrance exams do I need to get through in order to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?
  9. Which are the top colleges for robotics in India?
  10. Which institute is better for Petroleum Engineering?
  11. Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Admission procedure to study M.Tech(Petroleum Engineering)? -- [New]
  13. Reservoir engineering or Production engineering? Which is better?
  14. Should I prepare for CAT or GATE entrance exam?
  15. How much should I score in GATE to get job in ONGC being a B.Tech(Petroleum Engineering) student? Process for selection?
  16. Admission to B.E Petroleum engineering after 12 standard in 2011? How to apply for entrance exams?
  17. Syllabus and previous year papers of Graduate Trainee exam of ONGC for Petroleum engineering?
  18. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student

3rd January 2016, 10:42 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to do M.E. in Petroleum Engineering except GATE?

Yes, definitely there is entrance exam for doing M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducting a exam for Petroleum Engineering discipline from 2016 Onwards.

For this you have to:

>>Fill the online form from the Petroleum Engineering (PE) discipline.

>>Prepare your core subjects which you read in the B.Tech course and score good marks in the online exam of GATE.

>>After qualifying in the GATE exam, you have to fill an online CCMT counseling form in which you can opt colleges for admission. Colleges will be allotted based on your GATE score. So the most important thing is how much you score in the GATE exam.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?