21st June 2016, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there any special eligibility available in JNU CEEB for SC candidates? Seats reservation for such candidates?

Hi,
Kindly tell me how many seats are reserved in JNU CEEB for SC candidates? And is there any special eligibility criteria for such candidates?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about JNU CEEB for B.Sc(Biotechnology) student? -- [New]
  2. Information regarding sports quota in AIPMT?
  3. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in Rastriya military school?
  4. Available seats in JU and BESU for JELET candidates? Reservation policies for ST/SC/Domiciled candidates?
  5. Detailed information about reservation seats available for SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates in BITSAT?
  6. Which Board should I join among ISC and BSEB to study further in AIIMS?
  7. Minimum Marks required in GATE Exam to join in any of the college in Tamil Nadu being a candidate from BC category?
  8. How may I get details about the M.Sc(Biotechnology) in JNU? What's the future prospective for the same? I got selected in the same through CEEB exam
  9. What is the reservation seats available for SC/ST candidates for applying government jobs?
  10. Can I get admission in JNU Main campus after scoring 34 rank in JNU CEEB
  11. What is the SAT 2 cutoff marks in DTU?
  12. Is there any reservation of seats for candidates belonging to reserved categories?
  13. Any extra marks are given to students in AIPMT(NEET) exam if they perform well in any sports or in NCC?
  14. Procedure for admission in Ph.D through CET?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Tech after scoring 87% in 12th class?
  16. Number of seats available for outside state students in JIPMER? Any reservation for OBC or Women candidates? Annual course fee for MBBS students? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the rule of age relaxation for central government employee in graduate level examination
  18. Am i eligible for MBA after scoring 49% in degree?
23rd June 2016, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any special eligibility available in JNU CEEB for SC candidates? Seats reservation for such candidates?

Yes, seats are reserved according to categories. If you belong to any special category then surely you will be eligible for all the benefits.

In terms of marks you can get 5% marks relaxation in the qualifying degree. For availing all the relaxation you need to have certificate which states that you belong to a reserved category.
23rd June 2016, 08:50 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any special eligibility available in JNU CEEB for SC candidates? Seats reservation for such candidates?

Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts a Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) for admission to 2- year M.Sc programme in Biotechnology on behalf of various universities every year. You are interested to know whether there are any special eligibility criteria for SC candidates and number of seats for SC candidates.

>>Yes, there is relaxation in educational qualification eligibility criteria. For General Students, the minimum eligibility criteria is that student possess bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks. While All the SC/ST and PWD candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.

>> Basically 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates. If you still have any doubt and want to see the total number of seats, eligibility criteria, examination pattern then you can go through the below attachment regarding the full detailed notification of JNU CEEB.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JNU CEEB.pdf(281.0 KB, 56 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?