29th December 2015, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc in Mathematics?

Respected Sir/Mam,

What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc in Mathematics? I just have completed my graduation now and I need to know what should be done for applying for the M.Sc in mathematics course? What is the minimum criteria required for the same?

29th December 2015, 10:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc in Mathematics?

Eligibility Criteria Required to do M.Sc in Mathematics:

In order to pursue M.Sc in Mathematics course, one must need to fulfill the required eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to do M.Sc in Mathematics course is "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline or stream from a recognized university. i.e., Candidates must have passed Graduation with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks. Here is the detailed educational qualification required.

>> You mentioned that you did Graduation but nowhere mentioned in which stream you did your Graduation.

>> But remember, if you have done Graduation with Mathematics as a subject, I am sure you are certainly eligible to do M.Sc in Mathematics course.

>> Candidates who have done their B.E/ B.Tech or B.Sc in Engineering with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university are also eligible.

29th December 2015, 11:09 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc in Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing M.Sc in Mathematics? I just have completed my graduation now and I need to know what should be done for applying for the M.Sc in mathematics course? What is the minimum criteria required for the same?
A pass in B.Sc Mathematics with minimum of 50% marks or B.Sc in other subjects (50% marks) with minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics. Some of the reputed colleges will conduct entrance examination for the admission. The course is available in the following colleges,

Amity University - http://www.amity.edu/aias/A44510.asp
Madras University -http://www.unom.ac.in/index.php?rout...ursehighlights
Loyola College - http://www.loyolacollege.edu/mathema...fered-dept.php
Lovely Professional University - http://www.lpu.in/program/msc-mathematics.php

30th December 2015, 12:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,

If you have completed B.Sc degree in Mathematics from a recognized university then you are eligible for M.Sc in Mathematics course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc in Mathematics from a recognized university are eligible for M.Sc in Mathematics.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.

31st December 2015, 06:23 PM
Gobinda Sen

You have not mentioned in which stream you have completed you graduation.If you specify your group in your graduation ,we can tell you that,can you apply for M.Sc in mathematics or not?

Eligibility criteria for M.Sc in mathematics :

candidate have completed B.Sc degree in Mathematics(honrs) from any recognized university

No age limit for this course.

Makers is depend for taking admission for various university.

If you are interested in M.Sc in mathematics and you are a student of science stream ,so you can take admission for M.Sc in mathematics.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?