21st March 2017, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to pursue MCA from any IIT?

Respected Sir/Mam, I’ve scored 58.6 in my HSC with commerce with computer stream. Am pursuing BCA from Barkatullah university Bhopal (M.P.), I want to pursue MCA from any IIT college. I didn’t studied mathematics in 10+2 and studies Business mathematics in BCA. Am I eligible to pursue MCA from any IIT college.

Related Questions:
  1. What is best to do after passing BCA? I have scored 78% in 2nd year
  2. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  3. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  4. Procedure for a non mathematics student to pursue MCA?
  5. Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?
  6. Eligibility to pursue MCA for B.Com graduate?
  7. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria to pursue MCA after doing BCA from SMU?
  9. Eligibility for BCA and MCA without having maths as subject in 12th level?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?
  11. Eligibility criteria and selection procedure to study MCA in IIT Kharagpur? Syllabus of entrance exam for it? Cut off marks of previous year?
  12. Is MCA candidate eligible to study Ph.D from IIT Roper? Eligibility criteria for it?
  13. What is the eligibility to pursue PG programme?
  14. Can I become a Software Engineer after completing MCA? Eligibility to pursue M.Tech after MCA?
  15. From which University in USA can I pursue MCA? What will be the total expense for pursuing MCA from USA?
  16. Can I do MCA without Maths in 12th? Which are the universities where I can pursue MCA?
  17. Eligibility for admission in MCA after B.com and without maths background?
  18. MCA Admission in IIT colleges -- [Most Discussed]
22nd March 2017, 07:01 PM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: What is the eligibility to pursue MCA from any IIT?

I am sorry to say but you cannot pursue MCA from any IIT, so can no one else.
This is because IIT's, none of them offer a MCA course.
The post-graduation course that IIT offers are M.Tech and PhD after that.
Also, you cannot take admission in an IIT for M.Tech because you have not done engineering i.e B.E or B.Tech.

To do M.Tech from an IIT in Computer Science or any other stream, you must first have done engineering i.e B.E or B.Tech from aa recognised university/college in the same stream as the one in which you want to pursue M.Tech.
22nd March 2017, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IITs offer only M.Sc IT degree and for MCA you have to look for other universities or institutes. If you want to get admission in M.Sc IT, then you have to crack JAM.

IIT JAM is conducted every year for admission in M.Sc courses at IIT. Admission is on merit based on the performance in the entrance exam and counselling.
22nd March 2017, 11:26 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that IITs does not offers MCA course to be pursued. So, you must have to try in some other Universities to pursue the MCA course.
Candidates those who have completed their BCA course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it studying Mathematics as a subject can apply for the MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?