26th October 2016, 05:16 PM
korbha nagesh

What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc and after completing it I wish to do MCA. I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required and which entrance exam should I give to get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing MSW from JNU? -- [New]
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue PG in Agribusiness Management from ICAR? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam?
  3. When will be the entrance exam of MCA? Eligibility criteria for it and how to prepare for MCA exam?
  4. Can I go for MCA after completing BSc computer science degree
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? I am pursuing BSc CS final year
  6. Details of MCA in mumbai university? What is the required eligibility criteria for MCA entrance exam in Mumbai University
  7. What should I do for pursuing Integrated MCA after completing class 12th? Do I have to appear for any entrance exam?
  8. Eligibility for Ph.D through NET exam?
  9. How can I apply for a job in RBI after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria required for the job?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing B.Sc Rehabilitation Science in Physical Therapy entrance exam?
  11. Can I take admission for M.Sc in IT having completed BA course with an aggregate of 49.94%?
  12. Required Eligibility criteria to do LLB course? Which Entrance Exam should I give for this? How to take admission for this course?
  13. Which Companies in India offers job to MCA students? What is the eligibility criteria to get the jobs?
  14. Eligibility criteria for MCA after graduation with 60%?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing B.P.Ed? Which college provide B.P.Ed three years course?
  16. Can I do MCA after BSc General?
  17. Can I do MCA course after completing B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria and fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing PhD?
28th October 2016, 11:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbha nagesh View Post
Hello Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc and after completing it I wish to do MCA. I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required and which entrance exam should I give to get admission?
Those candidates who have completed B.Tech/B.E in CSE/IT, BCA, B,Sc in CS/IT, B.Sc in Mathematics are eligible for MCA course in JNU.

Your age should be above 17 years.

List of the MCA entrance exams are, NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT etc.
28th October 2016, 12:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing MCA after completing B.Sc? Which entrance exam is required?

Yes, you are eligible for MCA after completing B.Sc:-

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application

Eligibility:-

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognised University with above 55% marks are eligible for MCA admissions but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

List of the MCA entrance exams are:-

NIMCET

IIT- JAM

JNU

DU

VITMEE

TANCET

RMCAT

OLET

BHU

IPU

KMAT etc.
28th October 2016, 01:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

All India MCA Common Entrance Test,Banaras Hindu University,West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA,Jawaharlal Nehru University,Maharashtra Common Entrance Test,Punjab University MCA Entrance,Amrita MCA Entrance Examination,Amrita Vishwa Vidyappetham,Lucknow University Computer Science Admission Test,National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test,Rajasthan Master of Computer Applications Admission Test

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must have Indian citizenship.

Only Science students who are graduate in mathematics are eligible for this entrance exam. Bachelor of Computer Application students are also eligible.
28th October 2016, 02:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbha nagesh View Post

Any graduate who has passed graduation in any discipline like Science, Arts, Engineering and Commerce from a recognized university will be eligible to apply for MCA. Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in their higher secondary or 10+2 course, to be eligible for the MCA course. Candidates who have completed BCA or bachelor degree in Computer Applications or Computer Science or Information Technology with 50% marks are also eligible for MCA course. The admission will be done through an entrance examination conducted by the universities. There is no common entrance test, the universities will conduct separately.
28th October 2016, 11:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Candidates those who have completed their BCA, B.Sc (IT, CS), B.Sc (Math, Stat) from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% marks in it are eligible to opt for MCA course.

Below I have mentioned the list of MCA entrance examinations in which you can appear, have a look over it.

NIMCET
IIT-JAM
JNU
DU
VITMEE
TANCET
RMCAT
BHU
IPU etc.
28th October 2016, 11:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required for pursuing MCA after completion of B.Sc Course:

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue MCA (Master of Computer Application) after successful completion of this Bachelor of Science course. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this MCA course is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

As B.Sc is a Graduate Degree, I am sure you are eligible to pursue MCA course. There are many entrance examinations available to pursue MCA course. They are,

>> MAH MCA CET Exam

>> BHU MCA Exam

>> NIMCET Entrance Exam

>> BIT MCA Entrance Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?