11th September 2010, 06:02 PM
preeti.n.singh

MCA Admission in IIT colleges

I m a student of TYBscIt.I want to know how i can get admission in IIT colleges for MCA.when did form for it can be get to us.What is the eligibility criteria for it.What is the syllabus for qualifing the entrance exam.
THANK YOU

Related Questions:
  1. Which exam I need to give to get admission for Ph.D in best colleges like IIT after completion of MCA course?
  2. What shall I do for getting admission to MCA course in IIT colleges being a candidate of BCA?
  3. Which is better between M.Sc and MCA if studying M.Sc Maths in IIT-Delhi?
  4. Whether MCA course is available in IIT Roorkee?
  5. Eligibility criteria, Forms availability and entrance exams syllabus to get admission in IIT colleges for MCA -- [New]
  6. Does IIT Roorkee still gives admission in MCA? How to get admission in IITs for MCA?
  7. How to get admission in MCA through IIT JAM after passing BCA? Last 10 years MCA question papers?
  8. Procedure to get admission in MCA at IIT?
  9. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
  10. Will I take admission in IIT(MCA) after doing BSc? What is the syllabus for MCA entrance exam?
  11. Eligibility criteria and admission process for getting admission in IIT Delhi for MCA?
  12. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD in IIT for MCA postgraduate?
  14. Is it possible to get admission for MCA course in top colleges after scoring 56% in Matriculation, 49% in Intermediate and 75% in BCA coourse?
  15. For admission in PhD only post graduation score matters? Criteria for MCA holder for admission in IITs?
  16. List of colleges offering admission in MCA in Madurai?
  17. Is MCA a better option or should I do another course? Registered MCA colleges in Mumbai?
  18. Entrance Exam pattern for MCA in IIT Roorkee? Top Colleges for MCA which give admission through Entrance Exam?
13th September 2010, 04:49 PM
swati123

Default Re: MCA Admission in IIT colleges

You will need to crack the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) for admission to the MCA program of the IITs. Please follow the link http://www.winentrance.com/mca_entrance_exam/iit_jam/IIT-JAM-Joint-Admission-Test-Admission-Procedure.html for eligibility, test pattern, syllabus, etc.
13th September 2010, 10:45 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend.........

As you are a student of TY B.sc . in It you can get chance in Mumbaai , Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Vadodara . You want to get admission in IIT in Mumbaai , Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi,Pune etc..
yes you can get admission there .

you need the syllabus , here the syllabus is.........

MCA ENTRANCE SYLLABUS

COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (CA) The Computer Applications (CA) test paper comprises of Mathematics, Computer awareness and Analytical ability and General awareness and they will be in the ratio 4:2:1.

MATHEMATICS

Algebra: Set theory and its simple applications. Basic concepts of groups, fields and vector spaces.
Matrices: Rank of a matrix. Existence and uniqueness of solution of a system of linear equation. Eigenvalues and Eigen vectors. Inverse of a matrix by elementary transformations.
Differential Calculus: Differentiation, Partial differentiation, Taylor series and approximate calculations. Maxi-ma and mini-ma of functions of one and two variables.
Integral Calculus: Single and multiple integration. Definite integrals, Change of order and change of variables. Application to evaluation of area, surface and volume.
Differential Equations: First order differential equations, linear differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients.
Vector Analysis: Vector algebra, Gradient.
Numerical Analysis: Solution of non-linear equations using iterative methods. Interpolation (Lagrange’s formula and Newton’s formulas for equidistant points). Numerical differentiation and integration (Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules).
Probability: Basic concepts of probability theory. Binomial and Poisson distributions.
Linear Programming: Formulation and its graphical solution for two variable problems.

COMPUTER AWARENESS

Elements of computers. Number systems. Basic electronic gates. Boolean algebra. Flip-Flops. Algorithmic approach to solve problems. Fundamentals of C language.

ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND GENERAL AWARENESS

Simple questions will be asked to test the analytical ability and general awareness of candidates.

Important :-
The above information has been taken from the website of respective university/institute. San-macs India is no way responsible for the authenticity of data provided here in. For any discrepancy, the student should contact respective university/institute.

Eligibility Requirements for Admission:

JAM-2008 qualified candidates shall have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IIT Roorkee:

At least 55% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for General category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree.

For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).

for more details visit,.........
http://www.sanmacs.com/mca_entrance_notification/notification_for_admission/iitr_2007/iitr_2007.htm
wish you all the best.....
13th September 2010, 11:15 PM
Pritam Kalyan Chakraborty

www.successcds.net/MCA-Entrance/
U must visit this site . actually an entrance exam helds for MCA . After that u can choose suitable colleges according to your rank
14th September 2010, 02:57 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
mca admission into IITs is given through JAm..
so prepare well.

good luck.
14th September 2010, 09:34 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeti.n.singh View Post
I m a student of TYBscIt.I want to know how i can get admission in IIT colleges for MCA.when did form for it can be get to us.What is the eligibility criteria for it.What is the syllabus for qualifing the entrance exam.
THANK YOU
Eligibility Criteria for IIT JAM 2010 :-

If you qualify in JAM 2010 you will have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admissions in IITs.

1) For General/OBC :-
Minimum of 55% aggregate marks (All subjects, including languages and subsidiaries) in the qualifying degree.

2) For SC/ST/PD :-
Minimum 50% aggregate marks (All subjects, including languages and subsidiaries) for in the qualifying degree.

3) For candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of percentage of marks) :-
The equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Institute(s).

At the time of admission, you will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical qualified person.

Form still not published but it will publish in December. For updated information visit :-
http://jam.iitm.ac.in

For syllabus see attached file iitjam_syll.txt.
Attached Files
File Type: txt iitjam_syll.txt(1.6 KB, 446 views)
15th September 2010, 03:18 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: MCA Admission in IIT colleges

dear friend,
obviously u can take admisssion in IIT colleges.
first of all u have to give entrance exam,and qualify that exam.at that exam u have to scored above 95%.i m sure that if u can scored above 95% then u can get IIT colleges for admission in MCA.
for ur various IIT colleges in India r
1.IIT MUMBAI
2.IIT ,CHENNI
3.IIT ,RAURKELLA
4.IIT,GUAHATI
5.IIT,KHARAGPUR
6.IIT,MADRAS
etc.
so give the entrance exam very well & make ur bright future.
good luck.
15th September 2010, 11:47 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

to get admission in IIT in MCA then you have to apply for IIT-JAM.

AFTER clearing this exam you will be eligible for admission into MCA IN iit.

FOR GENERAL STUDENTS

you must have 55% in graduation

FOR SC/ST students

you must have 50% in graduation.

all the best.
22nd December 2010, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

how many iit colleges in india for mca
29th December 2010, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complited bsc(bis ) in ycmou bassed on 1 year comuter deploma , can i get admission for mca in pune univsity ? please reply
2nd February 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

entras exam date of mca and what is the procedure to attend the exam
10th February 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

is there mca in iit mumbai
26th February 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

is tancet mark elligible for mca at iit madras?
what is the entrance exam for mca at iit madras?
what type of salary can i get after completion of mca at iit madras?
what is the fees structure for mca at iit madras?
29th April 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

please give list of iit mca colleges
30th April 2011, 01:04 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: MCA Admission in IIT colleges

If you are thinking to take admission in IIT college for MCA then you need to give the exam of IIT-JAM..
30th April 2011, 04:17 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
you will need to crack the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) for admission to the MCA program of the IITs. Please follow the link http://www.winentrance.com/mca_entrance_exam/iit_jam/IIT-JAM-Joint-Admission-Test-Admission-Procedure.html for eligibility, test pattern, syllabus, etc.
thanks
4th May 2011, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

hi am bcom 3rd yr student how i prepare iit mumbai mca & how i got addmissionplkzz feed back on my mail id "jvdl7452gmail.com" or "'[email protected]"
17th May 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

I want admission in B.Sc from IIT Colleges in India

Surbhi
20th June 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

hiiii
i doing b.c.a 2year i wnt admission in iit collages but 12class my subject commerce so i do m.c.a
22nd June 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

hi i m b.sc 3rd yr student. how i prepare iit mca entrance? how i got admission? plz send this informatons and model question papers on my mail id "[email protected]" (or) "[email protected]"
22nd July 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

is there any campus selection after mca?
4th September 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.sc with specialization in math. I would like to do mca through iit. Is my qualifation is eligeble for this. Kindly send the information ön my mail id [email protected]
7th September 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

There is MCA in IIT madras?
10th December 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing bca 2nd year.i want to do mca in iit.how can i prepare for the jam exam that you have specified already,and specify the eligibility for jam exam
11th December 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends, i have done B.Sc. Comp. Sc. I have 44% in 10th, 58% in 12th & 71% in graduation. Please tell me can do mca, can i fight entrance exam to admit in iit colleges or m i eligible for that? U can e-mail me on [email protected]
14th December 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

i am in bca2nd year under GNDU. I am looking forward to do MCA from iit roorkee. Can you tell me the procedure to get addmission there? Nd which entrance exam i must clear?? And approx how much rank i need to get addmission at iit roorkee??
21st December 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

i am a bca student and wanted to know which college is good for mca in pune especially or nearby...which entrance exam do i need to give and whats the syllabus???? can i get an admission for mca in an iit institute ? if yes then how? i mean wich xam to give and syallabus for it? wer is that iit institute?
15th March 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I have continuing my MBA from S'O"A University with a avg score 7.5 Cgpa should I eligible for IIT Mca test
plz reply
18th May 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

which all colleges of iit offer mca course??
4th October 2012, 02:21 AM
hfire232

I also whant add in an iit please guide me bout the preparation
i am a student of bca 2nd year
3rd November 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Can bca student do the mca from iit
16th November 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

can iit madras and iit kharagpur offers mca
please give full information
28th December 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

hiii
i am bca student of 2 nd year. can iit kharagpur offers mca
please give full information
20th January 2013, 09:16 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

MCA Admission in IIT colleges

1.IIT,MADRAS

2.IIT ,RAURKELLA

3.IIT MUMBAI

4.IIT,KHARAGPUR

5.IIT,GUAHATI

6.IIT ,CHENNI

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20th January 2013, 03:15 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by preeti.n.singh View Post
THANK YOU
Dear friend,

In order to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology for Master in computer Application course , you have to appear in IITJAM exam. The full name of IITJAM is Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test for MCA. There are various IITs in India which MCA course. There is no doubt in it that IITs are the most popular and best colleges in India to pursue MCA course. MCA course is totally related to software field. IITJAM exam is conducted by IITs each year for the admission of candidates for various courses like MCA, M. Sc .-Ph. d. (Dual degree).

Eligibility Criteria:-

1)- You should have completed your Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2)- You should have Mathematics in Graduation as one of the compulsory subject.

3)- You should have minimum 55% marks in Graduation or equivalent CGPA.

4)- There is 5% marks relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD category.

Exam Syllabus:-

MATHEMATICS

Algebra: Set theory and its simple applications. Basic concepts of groups, fields and vector spaces.

Matrices
: Rank of a matrix. Existence and uniqueness of solution of a system of linear equation. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors. Inverse of a matrix by elementary transformations.

Differential Equations
: First order differential equations, linear differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients.

Vector Analysis: Vector algebra, Gradient.

Differential Calculus: Differentiation, Partial differentiation, Taylor series and approximate calculations. Maxima and minima of functions of one and two variables.

Integral Calculus
: Single and multiple integration. Definite integrals, Change of order and change of variables. Applications to evaluation of area, surface and volume.

Numerical Analysis: Solution of non-linear equations using iterative methods. Interpolation (Lagrange’s formula and Newton’s formulae for equidistant points). Numerical differentiation and integration (Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules).

Probability: Basic concepts of probability theory. Binomial and Poisson distributions.

Linear Programming: Formulation and its graphical solution for two variable problems.

COMPUTER AWARENESS

Elements of computers. Number systems. Basic electronic gates. Boolean algebra. Flip-Flops. Algorithmic approach to solve problems. Fundamentals of C language.
13th July 2013, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED BCA FROM SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY DISTANCE EDUCATION . CAN I JOINED MCA TO IIT
1st August 2013, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I am BCA student of 3year.Can I joined MCA to IIT
1st August 2013, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

hiii
i am bca student of 3 nd year. can I JOINED MCA TO IIT
2nd August 2013, 12:37 AM
pinksony

HI FRIEND,

TO GET MCA ADMISSION IN IIT COLLEGES.....YOU NEED TO WORK HARD DAY&NIGHT......FIRSTLY YOU NEED TO WRITE JAM ....WHICH IS JOINT ADMISSION TEST FOR M.Sc....IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED IN THIS TEST YOU CAN GET ADMISSION INTO TOP IIT COLLEGES..

TOP IIT COLLEGE IN CHENNAI IS VERY GOOD...

ALL THE BEST....
11th November 2013, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

bhaskar mahata
I have completed bca from ptu so i can apply iit jam for mca
11th November 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

what is age limit iit jam?
21st November 2013, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Please sir inform me that how many iit conduct the mca paper and which paper is conduct by these iit
12th December 2013, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the % required in 10 2 to get admission in iit for mca
16th March 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Im doing BCA can i get admission in IIT.What is the eligibility for MCA in IIT.please mail me at [email protected]
12th May 2014, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

some of them saying that mca is only 3 yrs so i am confused about that whether it is 2 or 3 yrs sir???
7th November 2014, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

now i am doing bca complete from punjub technical university distence education i want admission in iit college kharagpur.
5th May 2015, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am now studying in 11th class(science I.e. physics chemistry and maths).from beginning only I want to do MCA so Sir please guide me what do from now.....and qualifications I would be required to get admission in best collages to study MCA.....
THANKS SIR
9th May 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Please send me complete process and fees tructure to take addmission in iit bombay
6th October 2015, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Are they(IIT's) still offers MCA courses ? Because as per the information from 2014 all IIT's discontinued MCA from their list
16th July 2016, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello All I am SY.BCA (YCMOU) and SYBCOM (MU)
I want to pursue MCA through IIT am I Eligible for that if yes then please tell me how can I go for it if No then what's better for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?