12th April 2011, 02:39 PM
swr

Programming languages required for IT students?

tell me about programming languages are required for IT students.and what kind of participations are required in college fests

Related Questions:
  1. Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Short term courses for B.Com honours student?
  3. Indraprastha University BCA 6th Sem- Programming with C Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  4. What should be the specialization of mechanical students who like programming languages?
  5. Which course I should learn if final year student want to get a software job? -- [New]
  6. Which are the courses for ECE students which are not related to any programming languages?
  7. Am I eligible to get a software job if I have completed B.Com in distance and MBA in regular mode?
  8. ECE graduate can do MS in Computer Science? Which all additional programming languages to learn?
  9. What is the scope after O level and A level? Is it helpful in pursuing MCA?
  10. Courses available to become a Software Engineer for a B.Com student?
  11. Books to be referred to study C? I am preparing for TCS
  12. Which course is good for summer vacations for computer science btech student?
  13. Can I get a job in Infosys after doing MSc computer science?
  14. Difference between C, C++ and Java?
  15. How much package will I get after passing B.ech CSE in IT sector
  16. Sathyabama University-B.Tech in IT-5th Sem Programming in Java Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  17. Apart from Java and C which other programming languages would be beneficial at the time of internship?
  18. What kind of jobs are available for ECE students? Do we have to pursue any other courses other than B.E for job? can ECE student go in software field if he is good in programming languages?

12th April 2011, 03:43 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Programming languages required for IT students?

But ideally - 3 languages from 3 very different perspectives. In my day it was procedural, OO, and functional - Pascal, C++, and LISP. I'm not so so sold on particularly those three. But when I interview I look for:
  • Some level of experience with a language where you have to pay attention to memory management (C/C++ and many others)
  • Some level of experience with an object oriented language with expectations on API use and the various abstractions available (C++/Java)
  • A "stretch" language - something that is weird, hard, and challenging. I'm not going to hire because someone knows LISP, assembly, or some other challenging language, but I want to see that the engineer faced some sort of challenge that involved serious problem solving and plenty of "what the heck is this?" moments.
As another trade - I think CS programs do need to train students on prominent languages in the market place. At any given time, I think 2-3 languages have serious prominence for the majority of jobs. I think a school owes it to students to provide the opportunity to learn 2 out of 3 of those language with a depth of training available in at least one.

12th April 2011, 03:57 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Programming languages required for IT students?

Hi friend,

All the IT students are required to learn a basic level programming

languages like C program , C++.........

And the presently scope full programing language like JAVA , SQL......

And a programming language which will give scope in future. I suggest

you a program language named GO,........

12th April 2011, 04:23 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hi,, learn C,C++ well you need debugging skills.

12th April 2011, 04:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The programs to be learnt depends on the area of your interest. There are various institutes which offer courses in various programs like SAP, C++ etc. You need to decide on the area you would like to work in. You can also decide based on the programs you are most comfortable in graduation. It is important to participate as it will give you good exposure.

12th April 2011, 06:24 PM
henrythierry

Programming languages required are C, C++, PHP, HTML, Scripting Languages like JavaScript, VBScript, J2SE, J2EE, .NET, Oracle(PL/SQL),

12th April 2011, 09:05 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
As you are from IT branch you must know about all the programming languages such as:
Programming Languages:
*C,
*C++,
*C#
*JAVA,
*ASP.NET
*Shell programming.
*Database coding.
*PHP
*Phython
*Perl programming

These programing languages are highly demanded in the software and IT industries now a day. So you must update your self as per market need.

You may participate in all events in your college fest, specially the technical events like Paper Presentation, Robotics, technical Quiz, Painting, Lan Gaming etc.

13th April 2011, 06:18 PM
sri_green09

c,c++,COBOL,,html,java,visual basic,these are some of the Programming languages required for IT students.

14th April 2011, 03:34 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

for the IT students a number of the programming languages are required
they are ::
java
.net
c++
c
c#
oracle
cobol
html
visual basics
php
javascript
and many more

14th April 2011, 08:23 PM
yatsra

dear,

it engineers take the following job profiles:
a. Research analysts
b. Industrial system controller.
c. Environmental and ecology supervisor
You need a b.e degree to take this jobs.

15th April 2011, 11:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Programming languages required for IT students is some given below

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.PHP.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.

etc.

all the best..............

31st August 2011, 07:37 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by swr View Post
tell me about programming languages are required for IT students.and what kind of participations are required in college fests
If you are belong to IT branch then its very important for you to have knowledge about programming languages.The main field for IT engineer is programming.If you want to go for other options then you can also choose other options like networking,enimation,database,operating system.But the best field in IT sector is programming.There is so much scope for a good programmer.You can choose any languge then Java is very good option for you.You should have knowledge about te basic languages like c and c++ languages.So Its not neccessary for a IT engineer for having knowledge about programing but it will be good for you.
There are so much activity are present in college.So you can choose any one of them which you have interest like ppt,programming related test etc.

All the best.

3rd September 2011, 10:06 PM
goutam1222

In the field of an IT, it is better to know both of the object oriented and procedure oriented based programming languages. Object oriented such as c++(not purely an object oriented language, but good to star with it), coming up next is the "God of programming languages" java (core and advanced both), next comes c# and perl and python. that's all.
for procedure oriented go for C . that's it. but remember, learn .net frame work after completing java. it will make you a strong player in the game of programming domain.

4th September 2011, 02:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by swr View Post
dear friend,

The various programming language are belongs for IT students.

The valuable language are C , C++ ,JAVA ,C# , .NET , PHP, PERL ,SQL etc.

The most usefull language is JAVA and SQL .

thanks

6th September 2011, 12:22 AM
manoj rajpurohit

IT students have these kind of language:-

c
c++
java
php
.net
oracle
my MySQL
shall programming in operating system
Linux
etc.

2nd December 2011, 06:42 PM
devesh2812

Smile Re: Programming languages required for IT students?

An IT student must know the programming in C & C++. These are basic language for an it student..

And the other languages are:

1. JAVA

2. oracal

3. VB

4. .net

etc...

24th March 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

can I do programming language from commerce stream

2nd April 2013, 07:36 PM
MariaInfant
Member+

Friend,

These are the programming languages required for IT Students:

->JAVA

->C#

->C++

->JAVASCRIPT

->VISUAL BASIC

->PHP

->PYTHON

->PERL

->RUBY

->OBJECTIVE-C

Thank you.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?