30th June 2016, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Whether ICSI program considered as Post Graduation to appear in UGC-NET?

Hi,
I have done with ICSI and I want to pursue for UGC-NET. I would like to know that is ICSI program considered as Post Graduation and I am eligible for appearing in UGC-NET? Please let me know about this asap. Who can provide me the details?

2nd July 2016, 09:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether ICSI program considered as Post Graduation to appear in UGC-NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have done with ICSI and I want to pursue for UGC-NET. I would like to know that is ICSI program considered as Post Graduation and I am eligible for appearing in UGC-NET? Please let me know about this asap. Who can provide me the details?
No. ICSI degree is not valid for UGC NET exam.

Only masters degree holder candidates with above 55% marks are eligible for UGC NET exam.

There are no age criteria. For JRF post, your age should be below 28 years.
2nd July 2016, 11:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether ICSI program considered as Post Graduation to appear in UGC-NET?

No, it will not make you eligible for UGC NET. It is a professional qualification only and is not equivalent to any degree or post graduation.

You can only become eligible for UGC NET on the basis of UGC recognized post graduation only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?