22nd November 2017, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Whose scope is better School Teacher or Lecturer?

I am a BCom graduate. I am confused between two courses whether to go for MCom or B.Ed course as both are of 2 years Whose scope is better school teacher or lecturer? Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a full time teacher of a secondary school having M.Ph Ed degree do Ph D from Kalyani University? Is it possible for a teacher to do the course without attending regular classes? Scope of doing Ph.D degree in distance?
  2. Is it possible to get government job if I take Sanskrit or Hindi language is needed?
  3. Can a full time teacher of a secondary school having M.Ph Ed degree do Ph D from Kalyani University?Is it possible for a teacher to do the course without attending regular classes? Is there any scope of doing Ph.D degree in distance mode?
  4. Can I get lecturer job after M.Sc in microbiology?
  5. Procedure to become a Lecturer after M.Sc Microbiology
  6. Can I become a teacher in school after completion of M.Com course?
  7. What to do after B.Com to become a higher class teacher or lecturer?
  8. Can I become a Primary School Teacher after completing graduation in Commerce? What course should I do to become a Teacher or a Lecturer?
  9. What is the best career option for me other than becoming a lecturer or teacher?
  10. What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to do B.Ed after completing M.Com?
  12. How to become a first grade School Lecturer in any government school?
  13. What should I do next to become a government teacher or lecturer?
  14. How to do teaching after BCA? I have completed BCA course from Kanpur University
  15. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  16. What should I do to do MSc?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for teacher in recognized school being a teacher in non affiliated CBSE school?
  18. What is the eligibility to apply for government jobs?
23rd November 2017, 09:58 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whose scope is better School Teacher or Lecturer?

Both the career's are better in their own standards and it depends upon the institutions where you want to teach. You can become a teacher in a reputed school or a lecturer in a government or private college according to your interest. If you want to pursue M.Com and B.Ed then you can pursue one course from regular mode and other from distance mode. By doing this you will be able to complete both the courses together without wasting 2 more years.
23rd November 2017, 11:36 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

As you want to make your career as a teacher or lecturer, then B.ED (Bachelor of Education) course is beneficial for you, because to choose teaching profession B.ED course is necessary. So according to my pinion B.ED is better option for you after completing bachelors degree in commerce stream. Here below are details regarding B.ED course:-

- Minimum qualification required to apply for B.ED course is bachelor degree in Commerce, Science, Arts from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

- To get admission for B.ED course in reputed institute you must have to appear in entrance exam conducted in various state. Entrance exam for B.ED course is held in month of June- July every year to admit eligible candidates for B.ED course.

- Duration of B.ED course is 2 years.

- B.ED course deals with the study of various teaching and training methods like Education and culture and human values, Education psychology, Holistic education, Philosophy of education etc. which helps you to make your career as a teacher in education institutes.

- Major employment areas after B.ED course are like Education institutes, Publishing houses, Education departments, Coaching centres, Private tuition, Research and development agencies etc.
23rd November 2017, 03:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a BCom graduate. I am confused between two courses whether to go for MCom or B.Ed course as both are of 2 years Whose scope is better school teacher or lecturer? Please guide me.

The scope of the Lecturer post is better compared to the school teacher. The qualifications required for both the posts are different from each other. Lecturer post is better in terms of salary also compared to the school teacher. To become a lecturer, candidates must have passed Master’s Degree in the relevant subject and should have cleared NET or SET or MPhil or PhD. For the school teacher post, candidates with a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant subject and B.Ed is only required. Both school teacher and lecturer posts are well respected in the society.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?