25th August 2010, 03:50 AM
bshanti

What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?

My qualification is M.sc (Maths),B.Ed .I done M.sc maths through andhra university distance education.My M.sc persontage is 50% With this persontage can I get lecturer job?
My marks in B.sc 75% and B.ed is 72%.

Is private colleges give oportunity as a lecturer to PG correspondance students or they give preference to only regular students?

Can I get a private college lecturer job with this less persontage?

I worked as a maths teacher for middle school for 1 year.Due to personal problems I quit that job and I did M.sc maths through distance mode.

can I get job as a lecturer with 50% marks or am I suitable for teacher job only?

I want to do M.Ed Maths.To do M.Ed Is correspondance course ok or I should go for regular course?What is the fee of M.ed Maths distance course?

Last edited by bshanti; 26th August 2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: add some details

Related Questions:
  1. Is MSc Maths a good option after BSc Computer Science with 2 years of gap? How to prepare for the exam? Best colleges in Hyderabad to do MSc Maths? Career opportunities after doing MSc Maths except teaching?
  2. Which course to choose to become a lecturer? - M.Sc ( Maths), EDUCATION (M.Ed) or MBA( Finance)
  3. How to join as a lecturer in Polytechnic/Engineering College after completing MSc B.Ed in Maths?
  4. Career options other than teaching after doing MSc, M.Phil in Maths which fetch same or better salary?
  5. How can I get the government jobs after passing MSc Maths?
  6. What is the qualification of college lecturer in Maths under Calicut University? I have scored 50% marks in MSc Maths
  7. Am I eligible to do MSc Maths?
  8. How can I do MSc Maths from Government College after getting disqualified from MSc Maths entrance exam?
  9. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  10. Can I do M.Sc. Maths having completed my Biotech? Job opportunities after M.Sc. Maths?
  11. Can I do MSc Mathematics after completing B.Tech degree? Will I be eligible for B.Tech IT, MSc Maths, M.Phil Maths? What is the salary offered?
  12. Is B.Ed better than MSc? Can I start MSc in correspondence and B.Ed in regular?
  13. List of courses that can be done in Assam after completing B.Sc(Chemistry) in Guwahati?
  14. M.Phil is also necessary after clearing NET to become a Lecturer? -- [New]
  15. Can I do B.Ed after BSc IT? What are the possibilities for B.Ed?
  16. Post Graduation Courses after Bachelor of Science in Mathematics?
  17. What is the admission procedure in MSc Maths?
  18. Documents need to submit to apply for M.Sc. Maths? Is it possible to become a lecturer after doing M.Sc.? Required percentage to become a lecturer?
25th August 2010, 11:09 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?

dear friend,
You can be a lecturer, but it better for you to qualify NET.
& for NET minimum 50% marks is required, so you need not to be worried.
And as you have done B.Ed then you can apply for M.Ed . But as per my opinion the regular course is more valuable than correspondence course.
But so many open universities provides the M.Ed in correspondence course.
& the course fee is very nominal, you can easily afford it.

good luck.
25th August 2010, 01:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?

Hi,
To become lecturer, you need to appear for NET(National Eligiblity Test) or SLET(State Lecturership Eligiblity Test) conducted by UGC.
The minimum educational qualification for the same is masters degree with minimum of 55% for genaral and 50% for SC/ST.
As you have mentioned that you scored 50%, you will be eligible only if you come under SC/ST category otherwise, you are not eligble to appear for the tests.
So if not Lecturer, you can still continue with teaching and could go for higher studies in the related field along with it.
25th August 2010, 01:46 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Being a lecture...and trying to help students in their academic field is one of the best jobs...Since you have good score in B.ed you are eligible to be a math teacher...Yes you have a lot of scope to become a lecturer in varrious colleges...You just have to check details of requirement of qualification as a math teacher in various colleges...

Good luck !!
25th August 2010, 01:49 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as you have a B.ED. degree so you can join any government or top private schools.you can get good salary there.

foe join in any college you have to pass NET eaxm.after net you will be eligible as a lecturer in any college.

you can do M.ED. in maths from IGNOU by distance mode.

all the best.
25th August 2010, 02:28 PM
jicks

Hi Shanti

If you really wanted to become Lecturer, then it is better you do Ph.D in any of your favorite thesis or try for doing M.Phil.( 2years) and then Ph.D
You have to qualify NET exam by UGC to become a lecturer.
You can now itself apply for doing either directly Ph.D or M.Phil then Ph.D
Side by Side, you can clear NET exam also in December
M.Ed has nothing to do with lectureship.

Log on www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html to know all the details about NET exam

Warm regards
25th August 2010, 04:37 PM
drdo99
Banned

it has wide scope.
you are now a technocrat,so you can fill a lot of applications.
from defence to it sector,from factories to machienry,you are eligible to work for many fields.
25th August 2010, 05:40 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

i think it will be very tough for you to get an lecturer job with your score,
i would advice you to do an phd then try for an lecturer job,
all the best
25th August 2010, 06:23 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes you are eligible for teaching maths after Msc Maths even if you have scored 50% marks.yes you can become a lecturer.so please do not worry.but it is not known to me that whether distance courses are allowed a lecturer after Msc.
All The Best!!!
25th August 2010, 09:31 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes ,you are eligible for a post of the lecturer after MSc Maths
26th August 2010, 02:49 AM
bshanti

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.I am not eligible to NET and SLET exams because I am not comes under Sc/ST category.
I will again attend for betterment exam.Till then I will continue in teaching career.
Thanks a lot for all your replies.

If I do M.phil then Is my score in M.sc not effecting for applying lecturer jobs in private colleges? What is the scope of M.phil?
10th December 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

What are the career options with M.sc maths (58%)?b.ed 1st class Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?
24th December 2010, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

hi, u could get job of lecturer
30th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

i completed m.sc microbiology(50%) can i do m.tech,or phd
19th January 2011, 06:32 PM
mychandru024

yes you are eligible to become a lecturer in maths... why dont you take up NET exam and try it????
14th February 2011, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

can I get a good job after doing Msc maths from ignou
19th February 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am doing m.sc. In maths.i have done b.ed. I want to be the great lecturer of mathematics nd i also want to teach in abroad can u give me any guidelines
27th February 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Sc in ZOOLOGY THROUGH CORRESPONDANCE Mode Am I eligible for letureship in colleges through SET exam?
17th March 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

my name is padma. i have completed my M.sc. maths only 45% in distance education, and my age is 39. I have only one son. And i have got 68% in b.ed recently. And also i have completed p.g. diploma incomputers in central university, in distance mode, and also completed p.g. diploma in computers from setwin institute. Because of my sons heart problem i have stopped teaching job in1999. From 1994 to 1999 i was in teaching profession for primary school children.Now my son is alright,so i want to do job.And also upto 10 th class i am in telugu medium.So now i want to teach telugu medium children. Is there any telugu medium schools who can give maths teacher job for me. I have interest to teach telugu medium b.ed. students in regular mode.Is there any chance for me and eligibilty to teach b.ed. students on daily wages basis.
20th March 2011, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I completed B.Sc with maths(51%) regular mode and M.Sc with maths 60% from distance mode so tell Is distance M.Sc degree eligible for Phd course.
Plz tell me as soon as posible at my mail.
[email protected]

Msc maths from distance university St. Peter University, Tamilnadu
26th April 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.Sc chemistry with Maths as allied subject in first year only. Can i able to do M.Sc maths from any university. If so, please give details regarding the same.
8th May 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

sir,

my name is ch.bramaramba i complete my m.sc(maths)50% through distance mode and done M.tech (CSE) regular and b.ed regular iam eligible to teach engineering colleges as a asistant proffessor and i have 2 years teaching experience , engineering colleges are rejected me because m.sc maths there is any g.o sir please send me the proof please sir.
22nd May 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

what are the carrier options in bank for M.Sc maths in correspondence?
29th May 2011, 07:06 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

My qualification is M.sc (Maths),B.Ed .I done M.sc maths through andhra university distance education.My M.sc persontage is 50% With this persontage can I get lecturer job?

Is private colleges give oportunity as a lecturer to PG correspondance students or they give preference to only regular students?

I worked as a maths teacher for middle school for 1 year.Due to personal problems I quit that job and I did M.sc maths through distance mode.

can I get job as a lecturer with 50% marks or am I suitable for teacher job only?

I want to do M.Ed Maths.To do M.Ed Is correspondance course ok or I should go for regular course?What is the fee of M.ed Maths distance course?

Thanks
8th June 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE GRADUATION FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY. MY PERCENTAGE IS 47.3%. IN WHICH UNIVERSITY I CAN APPLY FOR B.ED CORRESPONDANCE. PLEASE TELL ME
9th June 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I am doing phd in zoology.I have got 52% in M.sc and 50% in B.sc.I am not eligible for lecturer even after completion of phd.Is there any other option for lecturer,i have heard about qual;ification improvement programme.
Ankita.
13th June 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i am post graduate in mathematics.i got a 81% but i am not interested in teaching job . i am interested in banking industry any course will study .
29th June 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my D.T.ED(diplomo in teacher education),msc maths in regular .what are the fields can i search for job other than teaching
30th June 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

My name is ranjana.I have completed B.A english lit.in a regular and scored 59%..Then M.A.english lit in distance education and

scored 54%,i completed M.PHIL English lit also.whether i can join in the postgraduate course to get high marks?
20th July 2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I am doing B.Sc Maths with CA, Can I do M.Sc pure maths after completion of B.Sc Maths with CA. I had seen some of college M.Sc eligibility is pure B.Sc Maths. Please suggest me.
7th August 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my msc in mathematics with 60.20%. now i am doing lectureship, i want to do job in industry. There is any course ?
22nd August 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am completed my B.Sc(non. med) with 50% . I am interested for correspondence M.Sc(Chemistry).Can i eligible for a lecturer post.pls suggest me.
[email protected]
3rd September 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

My que.is my d.t.ed is coplited in 2010-11 but i have not job what do i ?
8th September 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.sc with 51% and m.sc with 64%.am i eligible for ast professor even if i clear net exams with 51% marks in b.sc?? plz rply asap
19th September 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I Have completed my BCA with 75% n v had mathematics as one of the subjects. n m interested do do MSc in mathematics. so do m i eligible for tat ?? please reply asap
15th December 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

maine computer science me graduation compate kiya hai, to kya mai Msc maths kar sakata hu kya
15th December 2011, 11:27 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths?

Hi,
To become lecturer, you need to appear for NET(National Eligiblity Test) or SLET(State Lecturership Eligiblity Test) conducted by UGC.
The minimum educational qualification for the same is masters degree with minimum of 55% for genaral and 50% for SC/ST.
As you have mentioned that you scored 50%, you will be eligible only if you come under SC/ST category otherwise, you are not eligble to appear for the tests.
So if not Lecturer, you can still continue with teaching and could go for higher studies in the related field along with it.
22nd December 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

i get only 47% in msc (maths)then can i get job as lecturer?after completing net exam.
24th February 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

what are the career option after M.sc mathematics in distance from kuvempu university?? I am interested in lecturing, but afraid whether i will get good lecturing post in good college in bangalore..Please gudie me..
2nd November 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASS NET EXAM IN COMMERCE BUT I HAVE MARKS IN M.COM -54.785
15th January 2013, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have completed MSC Biotechnology ( 79%) with NET .Can I apply for the post of lecturer in any of the Life science subject (like Zoology, Botany Etc ) or I%u2019m eligible only for in Biotechnology?

Thanks
Prajith
15th January 2013, 09:34 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshanti View Post

dear friend,

as you have a B.ED. degree so you can join any government or top private schools.you can get good salary there.

foe join in any college you have to pass NET eaxm.after net you will be eligible as a lecturer in any college.

you can do M.ED. in maths from IGNOU by distance mode.

all the best.
5th June 2013, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I have done M.A M.PHIL IN SOCIOLOGY through distance education.Now I am in my second year of PH.D in sociology.The thing is I have 54% in M.A and 57% in m.phil.Can I become a lecturer and I AM 35.Please clear my doubt
8th July 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have around 5 years experience as a software engineer in reputed MNC. I would like to change my career to lecturer. I am completed M.sc(IT). So my IT experience considerable? Is it possible for get job as a lecturer in private colleges? If it so How much can I earn?
5th August 2013, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BSC Maths in Second Class from Distance mode & MBA HR with 54.1% from Distance mode. I have worked till date in office jobs. My age is around 46. Can anyone suggest me for diverting to teaching career at this stage, as I am craze in maths.

Regards,

Narasimhan T.
chennai
7299826350 / 8144935354
10th February 2014, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

I completed Bsc(PCM) in Bangalore university, i am like to do Msc maths. But i don't want to go in teaching field, please guide me for any other field apart from teaching.

Regards,

Chaithra B
Bangalore
My mail id:[email protected]
26th May 2014, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

now complete msc mathematics with 87% next course is better mphil or b.ed
3rd January 2015, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam
I am secured 55.6% marks in math from Netaji Subhas Open University in M.Sc.Am I eligible for NET?Is there any upper age limit for NET.Please guide me.
Yours faithfully,
Arindam Chaudhuri
13th June 2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bsc with 67% marks. Now I am doing MSc maths. please guide me, is it necessary to do MPhil or it is enough to clear Net exam?
30th June 2015, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir....
Is p.hd. Must to teach in govt. College as a lacturer..???
I have done b.sc. 71% FROM
UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN
If i will be clear m.sc. And NET than i can teach in govt. College as a lacturer or not...????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?