16th January 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Bank exams while pursing the B.Tech final year course?

By pursing b.tech final year can apply for bank jobs under sc-b caste with aggregate 58 (till 3rd yr ) so give the complete details to apply & to get the job in bank in any field ( PO,CLERK...) ..? What would be the minimum criteria to apply for private bank jobs?

16th January 2016, 10:13 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank exams while pursing the B.Tech final year course?

Yes, candidates pursuing in final year of graduation degree are eligible to appear for bank entrance examination.

But, it is necessary to have the degree before final recruitment in the jobs. The eligibility to appear for bank entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate mus have passed graduation in any discipline with passing percentage are eligible to appear for examination but you need to qualify in examination for final selection.

The age limit vary for different examination and posts. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ibps.in or http://www.sbi.co.in
16th January 2016, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank exams while pursing the B.Tech final year course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
By pursing b.tech final year can apply for bank jobs under sc-b caste with aggregate 58 (till 3rd yr ) so give the complete details to apply & to get the job in bank in any field ( PO,CLERK...) ..? What would be the minimum criteria to apply for private bank jobs?
No, final year of B.Tech degree holder are not eligible for bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
17th January 2016, 01:22 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank exams while pursing the B.Tech final year course.
  • Candidate who have passed graduation degree in any stream can apply for Bank PO and Clerk exams. Final year candidates are also eligible.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Age of candidate must be form 20 to 30 years.
17th January 2016, 05:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates who are pursuing their final year are not at all eligible to apply for Bank Jobs. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Banking related recruitments is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree PASS from a recognized university. Hence candidates in final year of final semester "CANNOT APPLY" for Private sector banks with pre -final marks. If you are applying this year means, you are required to apply with the pre-final year marks which are not at all allowed. The basic eligibility criteria is, GRADUATION PASS from a recognized university. So I suggest you to concentrate on final year now and after successful completion of this, you may apply for private banking recruitments.
17th January 2016, 09:07 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for getting job in banking sector as you are in the final year of graduation. The minimum eligibility for PO, clerk jobs in bank is that student must possess graduation from recognized university. Final year students are not eligible for the exam.

>>In my opinion, you have to start your preparation and fill the form in the next year when you have completed your graduation degree.

>>If you apply for PO or clerk post for SBI or any nationalized bank through IBPS then percentage does not matter for getting eligible for exam. But if you are interested in doing job in private banks such as HDFC, ICICI bank etc then you must have more than 60% marks in the graduation course for getting eligible for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?