27th September 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Is C language knowledge with SQL sufficient to get a job?

I have completed BE (ECE). And now i want to make a career in software field. So i want to confirm that having knowledge of c and sql is enough for me or not?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the pattern of questions followed for Oracle aptitude test? Previous year model papers for Oracle?
  2. How may I get a job in German embassy? I'm pursuing dipoloma in german language. Is this degree enough for getting a job related to German language?
  3. How can I get job in TCS, HCL or Dell being an ECE graduate with knowledge in C, C+, C#, SQL and RDBMS?
  4. Is it possible to apply for internships after my first year? Companies which recruit such students? For which projects should I apply for?
  5. What is the role of CGPA score if you want to settle abroad as a good programmer? How to become a good programmer?
  6. How can I prepare to crack IBM Off-Campus Interview? Detailed information about it?
  7. What is select statement of SQL language?
  8. Details about short term software developing course?
  9. Salary package of a Software Engineer in IBM?
  10. What are the essential software knowledge for a fresher before entering into job?
  11. How may I apply for job in German embassy? What are the different kind of jobs that suits on me and from where I can get knowledge about vacancies? I have done 5 semesters from Max Muller in German language
  12. Eligibility in comapnies like Infosys, IBM, HCL after 86.6%, 76.6% and 68.3% in 10th, 12th and BE (IT) upto 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Detailed information and environment of iGATE company?
  14. After MCA what are the short term courses available in which I can make my career?
  15. Minimum criteria needed to appear in TCS aptitude test?
  16. How to get admission in Master in Tourism top colleges?
  17. Software jobs after M.Sc applied maths?
  18. Which book to be referred for placement in Off Campus Exams?
27th September 2015, 11:06 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is C language knowledge with SQL sufficient to get a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed BE (ECE). And now i want to make a career in software field. So i want to confirm that having knowledge of c and sql is enough for me or not?
It would have been better if you have completed your graduation in computer course if you have more interest in joining in Software field. But even now you can join in Software field having completed B.E in ECE and having known C language along with SQL.

C is a programming language and known as the source of all other languages such as C++ and JAVA. Having known that you might be able to easily get jobs knowing it well as there are many companies which require candidates who have good knowledge in the language.

Regarding SQL it is a database query language used to read, write and show details how data is stored in database and you can also apply for jobs which require the languages such as ORACLE company.

So,i would say that knowing C and SQL is enough for getting a job in software field.
28th September 2015, 01:23 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is C language knowledge with SQL sufficient to get a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, your knowledge in C is enough to make your career in software field. Because C plays a major role in the computer field. However, I suggest you please study C based advanced courses and java etc. That will make you to have a good basement in the computer field and try to gain practical knowledge much as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?