22nd December 2013, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job without domain experience? What answer should I give for 2 years gap?

Hi this is shubham kumar. I have done my b.tech in 2011 from rajasthan . Still i am searching job on sap abap skill. I have done training on sap abap . But i dont have hands on experience. I mean how the work is happening in industry that i dont know. I have worked 2 years exp in private bank hdfc credit card department. But its not related to my domain. Just i worked for source of income.so i want to know can get job without domain experience. I am very much worried abt my career. How to enter into it field. What answer should i give for 2 years gap.?
Plz guide me . I need help . I am waiting for ur reply .

Related Questions:
  1. Does a gap of 3 years after B.E.(Graduation) without work experience affect my plans of pursuing Masters in US?
  2. How to get salary of more than 30k after completing BCA course?
  3. Can I give compartment exam after having 9 years gap?
  4. Can I get a job in VLSI domain having S.S.C 76.3%, Inter 73.6, B.Tech 58.68% (E.C.E) marks?
  5. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  6. Will there be any problems in getting a job if I have 2 years gap between 12th and BBA?
  7. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Will I be eligible for a job in a good company after having 7 years of gap in education
  9. What career should I opt for my better future prospect? I have completed my MCA and having 2 years of working experience as a trainee software engineer. And later I had 4 years of gap
  10. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  11. What is the best answer that I can give being a candidate having 2 year academic gap after completion of 12th Class?
  12. How to go for a job after finishing M.A in marathi literature?
  13. How can I restart my career after gap of 4 years? I have done PG in science with good percentage
  14. After having a gap of 4 to 5 years will I be able to give D.Ed entrance exam
  15. How should I prepare for interviews in banking sector? I have 2 years engineering work experience in power sector
  16. Can I join Government Job after passing diploma in Architecture?
  17. How to get Job in IT field after completion of MCA but having a gap of 3 years after B.Sc?
  18. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
22nd December 2013, 11:33 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I get job without domain experience? What answer should I give for 2 years gap?

It is really hard to get the job after 2 years gap completing your B.Tech but don't worry the best step which you need to do now to step into to IT field is to be open for any type of job and not only based on SAP work..

Just make sure you clearly put the SAP course which you have taken for 2 years in you resume and mention all the extra works which you have done in the SAP area.

Start applying for small IT industries first so that you will be getting the job easily has most of them won't see the 2 years gap a much problem if you are going to perform well in the interview and then in the job.

If you are able to enter into the small scale IT industry then after working for a year or two you can apply for the other IT companies who are in the top wherein by that time the 2 years gap will not be a issue at all and they will see only your previous IT industry experience.

It will be good that if you get the job in SAP area itself but it all depends on the luck and the company where job openings are available.

You can also try applying internships in companies and once you do the work well then there is a high possibility for the company to recruit you as full time employee as well. CLICK HERE!! to check internships in various companies around India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?