7th May 2017, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I join TCS late than the appointment date? Do TCS provide extension if asked?

Sir, TCS is coming for placement in our campus in January next year for 2011 batch students. I am in B.E. (Elex. & Comm.) branch and I have 60 % throughout in X , XII , Engineering and I have no Live Backlogs , but the problem with me is that I have a semester back (5th sem) and so , I have not appeared for 5th semester exams , and therefore my engineering degree will also complete late in December instead of June, because I have to offer my remaining back semester exams of 6 months later . So , In such a case will I be allowed to sit for campus placement Because during the process of campus drive I will only be able to produce X , XII , 5 semester mark sheets (I,II,III,IV,VI) and will not be able to produce marksheet of V semester .

Remaining If selected , I can get an extension in joining date and join later in January-February. Extension too is also possible If TCS offers joining date extension( which I am not sure off ) , and in other case If I get a late Joining date later by chance in January-February .

Thanks,
Arvind

9th May 2017, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join TCS late than the appointment date? Do TCS provide extension if asked?

You can contact TCS for any kind if extension in joining date. Normally, companies don't give extension and one has to join according to the date mentioned in the appointment letter.

If you have any personal reasons, then you have to contact them directly and request them for any such extension. If your concern is good enough, they might permit you, which is very rare.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?