27th September 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Can i prepare for Bank PO at 28 years age being a Software Engineer?

I am interested in preparing for the Bank PO jobs. But my age is 28 years at present. I am a Software Engineer by profession. Please help me.

27th September 2015, 08:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i prepare for Bank PO at 28 years age being a Software Engineer?

Yes, you can prepare for Bank PO Examinations at the age of 28 years. As your age in the required age limits, you do not need to worry about the age criteria. The minimum and maximum age required are given below in detail.

Age Criteria Required to Apply for Bank PO Exams:

@ Minimum Age Required - 20 years

@ Maximum Age Required - 30 years

There is an age relaxation for reserved category by following years for the concerned categories.

For SC/ ST Category Candidates - 5 years

For OBC Category Candidates - 3 years

For PWD Category Candidates - 10 years

For Ex-Servicemen Category Candidates - 5 years

Since your age is with in the required limits 20 to 30 years, you are certainly eligible to appear in Bank PO Examinations.
27th September 2015, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i prepare for Bank PO at 28 years age being a Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am interested in preparing for the Bank PO jobs. But my age is 28 years at present. I am a Software Engineer by profession. Please help me.
As per your age and educational qualification, you are eligible for Bank PO exam. So you can prepare for Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
27th September 2015, 11:13 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can apply for the Bank PO Exam which is conducted for the post of Probationary officer. There are many banks which are conducting the Bank po exam based on the vacancy of the post. The candidates are selected through:
  • Written Test
  • Interview

The eligibility needed for applying for the Bank PO exam is:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidates and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 5 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university and should have at least 60% aggregate.

# Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying for the exam.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the Bank PO exam.
27th September 2015, 11:35 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Yes, of course you can prepare for Bank PO entrance exam. There is no restriction in specialization. Those candidates who have completed their Graduation are eligible to appear in Bank PO Exam. However, here I am providing you some basic Tips to prepare for Bank PO exam.
  • Prepare a timetable to study Bank PO exam.
  • Go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
  • Try to solve previous year question papers
  • Try to attend mock test.

BANK PO EXAM PATTERN:
  • Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
  • Logical Reasoning
  • English Language
  • General Awareness
  • Computer Awareness
1st March 2016, 12:19 AM
monikasiri

Yes,you can appear for Bank PO examination with age of 28 years.Make sure that the educational qualification specified in the notification is applicable.

The basic syllabus that include in IBPS PO or SBI PO selection are:

-->General Awareness
-->Aptitude
-->Verbal Skills
-->Reasoning
-->Computer Awareness and
-->Banking awareness

As you are a Software Engineer,it is easy for you to score more in Computer Awareness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?