27th September 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Criteria to become a Software Engineer after BCS?

My names is Richa. I am in 12th science and in future i want to become a software engineer. So i am thinking to do BCS for it. I am good in computers and therefore just want to know about the eligibility criterias to become a software engineer.

28th September 2015, 12:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria to become a Software Engineer after BCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My names is Richa. I am in 12th science and in future i want to become a software engineer. So i am thinking to do BCS for it. I am good in computers and therefore just want to know about the eligibility criterias to become a software engineer.
Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for software companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for software companies recruitment.

Pattern for software companies recruitment:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)
28th September 2015, 02:06 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To become a software engineer after BCS, you have to study MCA. Many of the IT companies recruit people who completed BE or B.tech or MBA with good skill. So it is advisable to study MCA if you wish to pursue your career as a software field. It is easier for you to study MCA than the engineering course, so you have to choose MCA after your BCS.
28th September 2015, 02:20 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

It is good hear that you are interested to become an Software Engineering. Since, you are planned to purse for you BCS course. Once after completing BCS you must apply for B.Tech in Computer Science or MCA course which is enables you to become a Software Engineering. After that Earn a Bachelor's Degree in computer engineering, you must gain some work experience in the software field.
11th April 2021, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

can i make software engineer after b.sc computer science
19th October 2021, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

which is best option to become a software engineer BCA or BCs? I want to become a software engineer without b tech ..is it possible??
16th June 2023, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software engineer after Bcs course
1st July 2023, 01:59 AM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

To become a software engineer after completing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (BCS), you'll typically need to meet certain criteria and follow these steps:

1. Education: Obtain a BCS or a related degree in computer science or software engineering. Ensure that your coursework covers programming, data structures, algorithms, software development, and computer systems.

2. Expand your knowledge: Explore additional programming languages, frameworks, and tools commonly used in the software engineering field. Stay updated with industry trends, software development methodologies, and emerging technologies.

3. Gain practical experience: Seek internships, co-op programs, or entry-level positions to gain hands-on experience in software development. This will help you apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios.

4. Build a strong portfolio: Develop personal projects, contribute to open-source initiatives, or participate in hackathons to showcase your practical skills and problem-solving abilities. A well-rounded portfolio can impress potential employers.

5. Networking: Engage in networking activities such as attending conferences, meetups, and career fairs to connect with professionals in the software engineering field. Networking can help you discover job opportunities and gain valuable insights.

6. Develop soft skills: Enhance your communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. Software engineers often collaborate with teams and need to effectively communicate their ideas and solutions.

7. Continuous learning: Keep up with the latest advancements and changes in software engineering by pursuing continuous learning. Read books, take online courses, or participate in workshops to expand your knowledge base.

8. Prepare for interviews: Sharpen your technical and coding skills for interviews. Review data structures, algorithms, system design principles, and practice coding problems commonly asked during software engineering interviews.

9. Apply for positions: Search for software engineering positions that align with your interests and skills. Tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight relevant coursework, projects, and experiences. Don't be afraid to apply to entry-level positions to start gaining professional experience.

10. Interview and secure a job: Prepare for technical interviews and showcase your problem-solving abilities, technical knowledge, and enthusiasm for software engineering. Practice coding interviews, solving algorithmic problems, and system design questions to excel in the interview process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?