26th December 2016, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Which field is better, corporate sales or airlines ticketing? What is the job profile of both streams?

Hi, I have a 10 years of experience with the airlines (airport operations), but in 2013 I had to resign from my services. Since last year I am working with a travel agency into travel sales. Looking at my past experience this is a complete change to my previous stream and I am not that interested to work into travel sales. I am planning to switch for either corporate sales or airlines ticketing. I would really need your advice on below two things:
1. What are the job profile for both the stream?
2. Which of the two has better scope of growth in terms of step up the ladder and remunerations?

27th March 2023, 07:06 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Which field is better, corporate sales or airlines ticketing? What is the job profile of both streams?

Both corporate sales and airline ticketing are promising career options, and the choice between the two would depend on your personal interests and career goals. Here is some information on both fields and their job profiles:

1. Corporate Sales: Corporate sales involve selling products or services to other businesses or organizations. The job profile may include identifying potential clients, building relationships with clients, negotiating deals, and maintaining customer satisfaction. The role requires good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to meet sales targets.

2. Airline Ticketing: Airline ticketing involves selling flight tickets to customers, either in person or over the phone. The job profile may include booking and issuing tickets, handling customer queries, managing reservations, and ensuring compliance with airline policies and procedures. The role requires good customer service skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.

In terms of growth and remuneration, both fields offer good opportunities for advancement. In corporate sales, top-performing sales executives may be promoted to managerial positions or given additional responsibilities, leading to higher salaries and bonuses. In airline ticketing, experienced ticketing agents may be promoted to supervisory or management roles, leading to higher salaries and opportunities to work in other areas of the airline industry.

Ultimately, the choice between corporate sales and airline ticketing would depend on your personal interests and skills. It is important to consider the job profile, growth prospects, and remuneration while making the decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?