1st August 2011, 03:49 PM
nani preethi

What is Petroleum Technology? Is it safe for females?

1. what is petroleum technology?
2. Is safe for laddis?
3. Is laddis choose this course?
4. Is these jobs are risk jobs for laddies?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of government jobs i can find after M.Sc. in Petroleum Technology?
  2. Possibility to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) for Technology Diploma holder? Scope and job prospects of Petroleum Engineer?
  3. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  4. Which institute is better for Petroleum Engineering?
  5. Girl can get admission in Petroleum engineering?
  6. How to do part time M.Tech course in Polymer Technology or Petroleum Technology?
  7. Procedure of admission in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology? Cost of doing B.Tech in Petroleum Technology from RGIPT?
  8. Which subject should I take in secondary school to study Petrochemical Engineer?
  9. oil & petrolium management (mba) , colleges and fee? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which Indian oil company is near Chhattisgarh region?
  11. Is it beneficial to do B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) from Dehradun Institute Of Technology?
  12. Am I eligible to study Petroleum Engineering being a Diploma Textile holder? Scope and work profile of Petroleum Engineers?
  13. How can I get job in Reliance Petroleum being a B.E. Petroleum Engineer?
  14. Is there B.E. course after completing Diploma in Petrochemical?
  15. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  16. What is the eligibility for Petrochemical Engineering?
  17. Diploma in Plastics and Mould Technology student can get admission in B.Tech Petrochemical or Petroleum engineering through lateral entry? -- [New]
  18. Which subjects should I study in my secondary school so as to join the Petrochemical Engineering? Which university is the best for Petrochemical Engineering?
29th November 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is Petroleum Technology? Is it safe for females?

any concession for students whose parents are working in oil companies in India
29th November 2011, 08:13 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani preethi View Post
1. what is petroleum technology?
2. Is safe for laddis?
3. Is laddis choose this course?
4. Is these jobs are risk jobs for laddies?
Hi,
Petroleum technology is basically a branch of engineering which is also known as Petroleum engineering.

In my opinion Petroleum and mining engineering are not safe for women.

You can chose other courses like
> Mechanical Engineering
> Chemical Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Electronic Engineering

Good luck!
14th September 2012, 06:22 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Petroleum engineering is a field of engineering concerned with the activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. Exploration and Production are deemed to fall within the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry. Exploration, by earth scientists, and petroleum engineering are the oil and gas industry's two main subsurface disciplines, which focus on maximizing economic recovery of hydrocarbons from subsurface reservoirs. Petroleum geology and geophysics focus on provision of a static description of the hydrocarbon reservoir rock, while petroleum engineering focuses on estimation of the recoverable volume of this resource using a detailed understanding of the physical behavior of oil, water and gas within porous rock at very high pressure.

The combined efforts of geologists and petroleum engineers throughout the life of a hydrocarbon accumulation determine the way in which a reservoir is developed and depleted, and usually they have the highest impact on field economics. Petroleum engineering requires a good knowledge of many other related disciplines, such as geophysics, petroleum geology, formation evaluation (well logging), drilling, economics, reservoir simulation, reservoir engineering, well engineering, artificial lift systems, completions and oil and gas facilities engineering.

It is not safe for girls
14th October 2013, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Hello there, I am into the IT field since 9 years and did BSC-IT of 3 yrs, working in Malaysia, considering the good scale of salaries being offered, is it possible to go for mba in oil and gas through some online university, and then look for jobs in oil and gas sector, what do you feel is the possibility if yes, what could be the scope of this in future for this kind of combination. Please advice.
1st February 2016, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

What is the relationship between petroleum microbiology and other aspects of petroleum technology what is the relationship between petroleum microbiology and other aspects of petroleum technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?