31st May 2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get job in IBM and other IT companies for BCA candidate if good in programming languages like C, C++ etc?

Sir,
I have passed 10th with 68% and 12th with 58%, and now I am in final year of BCA. I have scored 62% in 1st and 2nd year of BCA and I am good in languages like c, c++. Am I eligible to get job in IBM or other private IT companies?

10th June 2016, 12:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get job in IBM and other IT companies for BCA candidate if good in programming languages like C, C++ etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have passed 10th with 68% and 12th with 58%, and now I am in final year of BCA. I have scored 62% in 1st and 2nd year of BCA and I am good in languages like c, c++. Am I eligible to get job in IBM or other private IT companies?
As per your 12th standard marks, you are not eligible for IBM recruitment.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for IBM is 70%. You should not have any pending backlogs. Candidates having more than two year gap throughout the studies are not eligible for IBM recruitment.
10th June 2016, 05:19 PM
january2016

Default Re: Possibility to get job in IBM and other IT companies for BCA candidate if good in programming languages like C, C++ etc?

In order to get the job in IBM you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of IBM for their interview and then only you will be able to sit in the interview and if you are able to crack the interview then you are inside of IBM.

So,main concern is to become eligible for the interview.
SO, in order to become eligible for the IBM interview, you need to have minimum of 60% through out your academic career that is 10th 12th as well as engineering.

If you have above 60% and above you are eligible for the interview.
24th August 2016, 11:32 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

As you have less than 60% marks in your 12th standard, you are not going to be allowed for leading IT companies like TCS, CTS, IBM, INFOSYS, ACCENTURE etc.

But there are several other companies out there you can try. They dont have marks criteria like this. you can always go for start up companies and have some experience and then you can try for big companies.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?