15th December 2013, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Private sector job with 2.5 yrs of work experience or Bank PO job?

Hi,

I am a MBA Professional with 2.5 years of work exp in financial sector.Currently i am working with financial sector organisation with monthly salary of 30K.Recently i have got selected in Canara Bank for PO Post.I am quite confused whether should i continue my career in pvt sector organisation or should i go for Bank po job.

There would be huge hike every year with annual bonus in private sector.However, in public sector there would be only hike of 2-3K every year without any annual bonus.

In Banks,there are transfers of work location frequently and work location can be any small town or village also where transport and safety concerns come into picture.However,Private sector co. will be in big cities only and most of finance sector organisations provide transport facility.

Could you please give me some advice on this at the earliest as my joining date in canara bank is 21 Oct 2013?

Also, could you please let me know the net salary of PO and in probation period are employees eligible for petrol charges,newspaper etc?

Thanks is advance for your help.

Regards,
Akanksha Mittal

9th March 2014, 02:24 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Private sector job with 2.5 yrs of work experience or Bank PO job?

Some of the key points which you need to consider before taking the option of job between private sector and Bank PO job,

-> If you are not a person who wanted to move frequently between places for job then you can continue with your private sector job as usual since bank jobs will have frequent shifts in place.

-> Hikes and promotions will not that be great and frequent in Bank PO when compared with private sector but if you wanted to have a settled job then Bank PO should come in handy without considering the hike and promotion part.

-> Probation period should be for minimum of 1 year time and during those time you will be receiving a salary of 20k-25k in hand wherein the extra benefits like petrol, newspaper etc. will not be considered but once considered things should be normal.

-> The net salary for PO will be around 25k - 30k at start and which will increase significantly.

It seems that you are already more interested in the private sector job than the Bank PO but what makes things curious is why you need to apply for that job and try getting it when you private job is good and interested? Just sit down think well for sometime with the above points mentioned and then take the lead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?