19th December 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience?

Hi,

I am a MBA Professional with 2.5 years of work exp in financial sector.Currently i am working with financial sector organisation with monthly salary of 30K.Recently i have got selected in Canara Bank for PO Post.I am quite confused whether should i continue my career in pvt sector organisation or should i go for Bank po job.

There would be huge hike every year with annual bonus in private sector.However, in public sector there would be only hike of 2-3K every year without any annual bonus.

In Banks,there are transfers of work location frequently and work location can be any small town or village also where transport and safety concerns come into picture.However,Private sector co. will be in big cities only and most of finance sector organisations provide transport facility.

Could you please give me some advice on this at the earliest?

Thanks is advance for your help.

Regards,
Akanksha Mittal

Related Questions:
  1. Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience?
  2. Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience or Bank PO job? -- [New]
  3. How can I switch my job from sales to insurance sector? I have 25 years experience in sales with a private firm
  4. Does correspondence MBA hold any value in Private Sector Jobs? Is it valuable only with work experience? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What should I do to get a job in Private sector having 4 years Teaching experience and MCA?
  6. How may I find a government job after completing MSW and gaining work experience with a private NGO?
  7. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  8. Possibilities to get an amazing job in private sector having 3 years experience?
  9. What would be best for me after passing MCA, Government or Private Sector?
  10. Salary expectation after completing BSc forensic science?
  11. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ?
  12. Jobs in government sector or PSU after Diploma (Passed in 2004) in Electrical stream and work experience in private sector?
  13. Job in government or public sector after MBA and 9 years of work experience?
  14. How should I prepare for interviews in banking sector? I have 2 years engineering work experience in power sector
  15. Which is more preferable, a private or a government sector? I'm working for more than 2 years in private with salary $12000 and now i've government job with salary $400
  16. Does working in R&D sector is counted as job experience while opting for MBA?
  17. Am I qualified to work in reputed IT companies after gaining two year job experience in IT sector? I have done BCA with 59% marks
  18. Is MBA and EMBA equivalent Degree? Should I do EMBA degree? Can I apply for government sector job which require MBA after completion of my EMBA degree? I have 5 years experience in private sector industry.
7th March 2014, 08:16 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Private sector job with 2.5 years of work experience?

It is good to see that you have 2 ½ years working experience in Financial sector.MBA (Masters of Business Administration) is a good masters degree which offers good number of job for their candidates.As you have already got job in Canara Bank PO(Probationary Officer) post, I request you not to leave the job.Because getting job in banking sector these days became very tough.So do not leave the Bank job.

As you have had experience in the Finance sector,you can now go to the Banking sector.So that you may experience both the sectors and ultimately knowledge and skills get increased.Through Banking jobs you may gain good respect than any other.No worry about your bonus.But this banking job is with nice respect so do not leave the job you have got.

In the training period in banking sector you may be dealt with the financial products as well as sales and its operations.As you are already from the financial sector it would be easy for you to crack the banking sector jobs even.As you said there is no good bonus in Banking sector,yes the salaries are not so fruitful.But you can find a very good growth,by writing more and more examination you may even go for the higher job positions in the banking sector.You may learn how to manage with the customer in the front desk operation,and know how to under the community of various kind of personalities.You may of course get knowledge on the bank’s various products and services and policies and more.Finally you may develop your interpersonal team skills.So I recommend you to go for the banking sector job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?