25th November 2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Salary negotiation as MBBS Doctor in private company?

I have applied for medical officer job in private company.with one year experience i am being offered a monthly salary of rs 33,000.but i want to negotiate for upto 40,000 per month because of remote area.how to approach.

10th December 2013, 01:28 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Salary negotiation as MBBS Doctor in private company?

I don't think it's a better option to negotiate for the salary when you are just going to start for the job. Negotiation of salary can be done during the interview time but not just after you get the offer but if you just have applied for the job and waiting for the interview then probably you can do the negotiation but you should follow certain way when you do the negotiation. Just follow the below points to make sure you won't blow up the interview when you do the negotiation,

-> You need to be well prepared for the interview to make sure that you are worth to be negotiated for their job.

-> Be polite and reasonable, once you know that you in the part of starting the negotiation for salary just be polite which means don't be quick in asking for it just wait for the time when it starts and be reasonable of why you are asking for it. You already have a reason that it's a remote place so make sure you put it in the right words.

-> Make sure you end the interview with positive note even if it's not for your advantage. Don't get irritated or angry since they are not coming to your 40K mark. Just leave it by then and for sure the increment will be good in one year or so.

You might feel bad to get just 33K after completing MBBS but if you ask me I will say go for it now as experience is what more important in MBBS than any other field. So, once you get the experience you can very well setup your own clinic to think about getting more money. So never leave the opportunity in hand whatever you get with the salary. Just be ready to do the work in a positive note and you will of-course have a better career with the experience gained.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?