7th January 2012, 06:57 AM
rajasekar26

How is job opportunities for MBBS Vs Engineers in India? Is the salary package for MBBS lesser than Mechanical Engineering?

I would like to join MBBS in 2012.Many of my friends are saying that it is suitable for rich people who can inherit hospital and clinic from Doctor parents to practice privately.Have to study long years. Is salary package for MBBS lesser than mechanical engineers?Please clarify.

7th January 2012, 05:20 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: How is job opportunities for MBBS Vs Engineers in India? Is the salary package for MBBS lesser than Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasekar26 View Post
I would like to join MBBS in 2012.Many of my friends are saying that it is suitable for rich people who can inherit hospital and clinic from Doctor parents to practice privately.Have to study long years. Is salary package for MBBS lesser than mechanical engineers?Please clarify.
well, this is to an extent right. It is also true that in MEDICAL you need to study more and also requires a lot of years of rigorous hard workbut still as far as PACKAGE is concerned it is true that in ENGINEERING there is a lot of money involved. But the package you get depends on the INSTITUTE you are in
so, donot worry just focus on your goal and work hard
7th January 2012, 05:21 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: How is job opportunities for MBBS Vs Engineers in India? Is the salary package for MBBS lesser than Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
well, this is to an extent right. It is also true that in MEDICAL you need to study more and also requires a lot of years of rigorous hard work but still as far as PACKAGE is concerned it is true that in ENGINEERING there is a lot of money involved. But the package you get depends on the INSTITUTE you are in
so, do not worry just focus on your goal and work hard
WITH BEST WISHES
ROKNITS
7th January 2012, 11:51 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

i think there should not be any comparison between MBBS and Engineering(B.Tech or B.E). also you should not choose your profession just based on salary. MBBS is medical study. from MBBS you can earn so much money if you are really a good doctor. if you can cure disease and if you are differently good from other then you will earn so much money no one can touch you. even you can earn so much in one day that will be equal to the salary of one month of a mechanical engineer.

but unfortunately if you are not so much good doctor or if you are not a popular doctor then it is impossible to earn the minimum money for you. even you will earn very less amount may be similar to a worker. but after MBBS you really will earn good amount of money if you try and yes after MBBS salary is more than a mechanical engineer.

every student go for Medical study with some noble mind not just based on salary. to become a doctor is not an easy task. now a days anyone can become an engineer but only few students can become a doctor. so if you are getting chance to be a doctor and also if you have interest to be a doctor then without any hesitation go for medical study. study attentive surely you will be a good doctor and also you will earn very good salary.

but if you don't get chance in medical and your second preference is mechanical engineering then if you get chance in mechanical engineering in a good institution then go for mechanical engineering, if you are a good engineer then also you will earn a huge amount of money.

best of luck.
8th January 2012, 04:23 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Both MBBS and Engineering are top level exam for Medical student and Engineering student.Both have best job apportunity.

Both are different field.you can't compare both according to sailary point of view. there are higher degree in MBBS for high sailary you have to study more year.

In Medical line you have to study more compare to Engineering.After high education in MBBS you can get more sailary then Engineering but you have to study more year then Engineering.

Engineering is four year degree course.it is suitable for those students which not intrested in medical line.after engineering job apportunity for you will be very much.

For engineering student private companies provide much sailary then government companies.mostly students wants to job in private companies.

Both MBBS and Engineering are different courses.you have to choose according to your intrest.
26th March 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

IS M.B.B.S. GOOD OR ENGINEERING?
9th April 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
If you really have desire/love for M.B.B.S , then go for it. Try to be master in profession and do not run behind
money. If you treat a patient well, your name will grow . Money will obvious come to you, you ll also get
blessings of needy people , you ll get life long satisfaction which you ll not get in any profession.
12th April 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

which one is good? mbbsor engineering
27th May 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

can we earn money right after completing mbbs without any further study???
25th September 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

is there any possibility to study mbbs after completed my b.e?
4th October 2012, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

In MBBS career after long rigorous years of study there is uncertainity of future.Nowadays only MBBS is not sufficient.After MBBS MD is necessary.Then after many years of practising u can gain reputation and sufficient numbers of clients will come to u.But there is no doubt that a very good, well reputated doctor will earn more money than engineer. But only few people are able to make that kind of repuation.But if u do B.Tech from a decent college , you will start earning at a much younger age.After that if u change ur line to MBA, salary will shoot up.That is much easier line ,I suppose.As a result as the statistics shows there is trend of increasing number of students taking Engineering entrance over medical.
4th October 2012, 08:26 AM
neo_dey

In MBBS career after long rigorous years of study there is uncertainity of future.Nowadays only MBBS is not sufficient.After MBBS MD is necessary.Then after many years of practising u can gain reputation and sufficient numbers of clients will come to u.But there is no doubt that a very good, well reputated doctor will earn more money than engineer. But only few people are able to make that kind of repuation.But if u do B.Tech from a decent college , you will start earning at a much younger age.After that if u change ur line to MBA, salary will shoot up.That is much easier line ,I suppose.As a result as the statistics shows there is trend of increasing number of students taking Engineering entrance over medical.
29th October 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_dey View Post
listen, neo dey, students choose engineering over medical because they simply do not have the ability. Best students always choose medicine as a career. And get your english right, you bastard.
20th May 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

mbbs is the best.for it you should just have determination and dedication. if you opt for mbbs,you will have a lifetine satisfaction and happiness. so if you have got a good rank in cet you can happily join mbbs:-)
4th June 2013, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

does only mbbs degree is better than b.tech? or after mbbs is it necessary to take md/ms?
4th June 2013, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

does mbbs degree better than b.tech? or is it necessary to take md/ms after mbbs?
8th June 2013, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

whether we can good jobs after we finish mbbs without doing higher studies?
30th June 2013, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

if u have a creative mind btech or biotechnology is better
12th July 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,Iam a pcmb student..
got 94.8% in cbse board
my neet rank is 27,000
also i have got selected in jeemains..my rank is 30045..there are chances of getting nit..
also my scorwe in mppmt will be around 125..
i m really confused where to go?
please help me out with you valuable suggestions and reply at [email protected]
16th August 2013, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,Iam a pcmb student..
got 94.8% in cbse board
my neet rank is 27,000
also i have got selected in jeemains..my rank is 30045..there are chances of getting nit..
also my scorwe in mppmt will be around 125..
i m really confused where to go?
please help me out with you valuable suggestions and reply at [email protected]
for taking admission in medical,ur 12 class marks doesn't matter much,if ur neet rank is 27000 u r unlikely to get a college from 15% all india quota n in mppmt u shud hv atleast 135 marks to get a private college provided dat u dnt belong to st or sc category,so considering ur 12 class % n jee rank,i think u shud go for engineering in nit
2nd October 2013, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

average salary in haryana is 35000 pr month after mbbs
31st October 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
is there any possibility to study mbbs after completed my b.e?
yes ..
28th December 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How is job opportunities for MBBS Vs Engineers in India? Is the salary package for MBBS lesser than Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Do MBBS from a Government college. After that take USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) and move to USA. You'll be much better paid, less worked, less stressed, less tired, and in the end, a lot happier. As a general rule, doctors earn the highest salaries in United States. You'll be much appreciated and will not be a second class citizen in US (Like you are right now in India, by not belonging to a favored gender, class or group). If you cannot get into a government college (by hard-work only. no short cuts), then do not go into medicine as in that case you are unlikely to pass a written examination of medical knowledge in a developed country (or get a MS, MD seat in a Government Medical College in India for that matter).

Don't waste your time pursuing an advanced medical degree (MS, MD) in India. Focus on passing USMLE. People who move out, for better opportunities still bring name and fame to country. Brain drain is better than brain in drain.
15th February 2015, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
listen, neo dey, students choose engineering over medical because they simply do not have the ability. Best students always choose medicine as a career. And get your english right, you bastard.
dont say that best student always choose medical in compare to medical students engineering graduate from IIT or NIT have more knowledge and they are far better genius in all field
28th May 2015, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I got 174 marks in jee mains & fail in jee advanced. Seeing these low marks my friend suggested me to do 12 with PCB and then go for AIPMT . Now I cannot understand whether what should I do pmt or b.tech if b.tech then for which nit(govt.) collage should I apply?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?