25th June 2017, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Should I mention my arrears in the resume?

Hi, I did my B.E. in 2015 but I have only one back paper. Now am I eligible to apply for job or not. Can I mention the arrear in my resume or not. Please tell me clear clarity about it.

29th June 2017, 09:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I mention my arrears in the resume?

You have to mention about your qualification with all the details. If you have any arrear mention it, because you have to show original certificates during verification, if you are appointed for job.

Hence, make sure you mention everything in your resume and don't hide anything about your education.
29th June 2017, 11:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to mention about the arrears in your resume. But, if it is asked anywhere in the application form while applying for the job, you need to mention clearly about your backlogs. You are eligible to apply for jobs if you have cleared your backlogs else, you can't participate in the recruitment process.
30th June 2017, 12:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I did my B.E. in 2015 but I have only one back paper. Now am I eligible to apply for job or not. Can I mention the arrear in my resume or not. Please tell me clear clarity about it.

It is not advisable to mention about arrears in the resume. You can answer orally at the time of the selection process and say that you are preparing for the subject and will clear it in the next attempt. The resume is not your autobiography; it is a marketing document for getting a job. If you mention about arrears then it will affect your chances of getting a job. Therefore, it is not necessary to mention all the things in the resume. You should clear it soon to avoid any problem later in your profession.
2nd July 2017, 08:29 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for job in good IT companies as TCS, Infosyss, Wipro etc. The main reason is that the eligibility criteria is that student must possess B.E/ B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks and does not have any backlog at the time of recruitment drive.

**There is no need to mention your arrear in your resume. It is already mentioned in your consolidated mark sheet of B.E degree. It gives bad impression to the interviewer. Whenever you attend any interview, the interviewer came to know about this after seeing the mark sheet.

**In my opinion you have to apply for government jobs as well. There is lots of govt. jobs in banking sector, SSC Jobs etc in which you can apply and get job if you prepare well for it.
3rd July 2017, 05:08 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

There is no need to mention about your backlog in your resume. In your resume you just need to mention your contact details , your qualification, technical skills, about projects on which you have done your work and you can mention about your training.
Most of the companies are not allowed candidates to sit in drive who has backlogs. But every company has its own criteria for selection.
IF you want to get job in technical field than its difficult to get because of your backlog. But most of the companies provide non technical jobs to BE students so, you can apply for these companies. After clearing your back paper you can get technical jobs also which are related to your field if you are technically strong. If you have no interest in technical jobs than you can apply for non technical jobs.
4th July 2017, 09:57 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the MNCs require no arrears and no year gap in academics of career.
If the reason for arrear is any personal condition put it to the notice in the resume and during the interview. The gap in career can be explained during the interview.
3rd October 2018, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

I did M.com in correspondence but I have 1 backlog in final semester. how do i mention in resume? Kindly advise
8th May 2019, 06:06 PM
radicalistlabs

No, I think it is not necessary to mention about the arrears in your resume. But if it is being asked in any particular company then you should mention your arrears.
16th September 2019, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I finished my BE 2013 but I have arrears but now I completed llb can i address BE degree as BE LLB ..
7th February 2021, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How an arrear students will create an resume paper. Someone help me with the example of resume preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?