25th February 2018, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Should I quit job from HP if selected in Lenovo?

I have an opportunity to move on and work in Lenovo. Recently I had an interview in Lenovo and got selected. Right now I am working in HP. So, I am little confused about moving or not. Lenovo is giving me handsome salary which HP doesn’t provide. But I have heard that HP has a brand image. So, please suggest me.

6th March 2018, 09:51 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I quit job from HP if selected in Lenovo?

HP is a very reputed company and even Lenovo too, so you can work in any of these companies you wish to. If you are getting a good amount if salary in Lenovo, then it would be better if you change the company. Yes, you have to heard right that HP has a brand image, but Lenovo too has a brand image. So, it depends upon your interest and convenience that in which company you are interested in. If you want to achieve a good position and don't care about the salary, then you can give your time in HP and earn a good position later on. But, if it is the matter of salary, then you should quit HP.
6th March 2018, 01:10 PM
chikkykranthi619

Being a software developer i suggest you that, don't think of Salary but look at the project you are into and the work environment you are working with. If you are happy with these two basic things then be in HP only, do not move on but you can try to change company may be after one year so that you will have good knowledge on the project you worked and can move onto MNC's better than lenovo like TCS/Cognizant/Wipro/IBM etc.
6th March 2018, 07:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have worked for a long period of time at HP, then a change would surely be a good decision because you are getting a handsome salary. Changing the company after short period is not a good thing, even if you are getting good salary.

Hence, take your decision carefully. If you are just interested in salary, then take your decision accordingly.
7th March 2018, 11:59 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have an opportunity to move on and work in Lenovo. Recently I had an interview in Lenovo and got selected. Right now I am working in HP. So, I am little confused about moving or not. Lenovo is giving me handsome salary which HP doesn’t provide. But I have heard that HP has a brand image. So, please suggest me.

You can choose the decision based on the salary, other perks and post you will get in Lenovo. You can also think of the future prospects in Lenovo, before quitting the job from HP. Lenovo is one of the leading manufacturers of Laptops, Ultra books, Smart Phones, Tablets, Desktop, Workstations, etc. Lenovo is also one of the leading brands. You can check work environment and other details like growth opportunities in Lenovo with your friends before joining. You can also find lots of reviews about Lenovo on the internet.
8th March 2018, 06:48 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As far as technology companies are concerned the brand value changes over time. A well known example is Kodak which once had monopoly in photography industry. In one part employees at entry job level has very less impact on the decision making process in a company trend. So there is no certainty of future brand value for any company. So moving to Lenovo is not a big issue.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?