12th March 2016, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Is there any Girls quota in campus placement drives?

I want to ask that if there is any girls quota in campus placement drives which are organized in colleges itself. Please do reply as early as possible. I am waiting for your answer.

12th March 2016, 11:26 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any Girls quota in campus placement drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to ask that if there is any girls quota in campus placement drives which are organized in colleges itself. Please do reply as early as possible. I am waiting for your answer.
Normally the companies conducting the campus recruitment does not make any difference between men/women. The recruitment will be purely based on merit, that is, your academic performance and the interview performance. However if you have any specific company in mind, we can explore further and give you a more detailed answer. You have to prepare well for the written examination and interview to get a job. You can also get help from your college
placement and from your seniors.
13th March 2016, 12:37 PM
OnePlus

No there no any quota for girls or any other SC/ ST candidate. In college placement drive the placement is done the knowledge basis . No any quota is provided to the girls.
In government jobs the quota is provided to the girls but in private jobs no any quota is provided. All the private companies has hier the candidates on the basis of their knowledge and skills.
13th March 2016, 12:58 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, there are no quotas separately for girls in on-campus recruitment drive of companies. There are only few companies who come to recruit only girls. For most of the companies they come to recruit the right talent. However, it is true that girls are given higher preference as compared to boys and most of the companies look to recruit more girls. This is because they want to maintain the balanced male:female ratio. Since the number of males is quite large as compared to the number of females so companies are looking forward to recruit more number of females.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?